Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 995 is the most dependable rifle I have ever owned.:thumbsup:

Even when its dirty, the 995 always shoots any brand 0f 9mm I feed it.
My 995 has never jammed a single round.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rock on! :machinegunner: Sort of like a Ak47 huh. They just keep going like that pink rabbit. They're tough.

·
Premium Member
21,307 Posts
It would be okay to clean and lube the bore, and chamber. Lubing the bore could help the life of the barrel. Every once in a while check the firing pin channel.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
You should see how many you can put through before your first malfunction. That would be an interesting experiment.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
It would be a lot of oiled cleaning patches you would have to run through that Hi-Point carbine barrel before you were not getting black carbon on the cleaning patches anymore. That firearm is full of carbon.

I have only shot a few hundred rounds through a firearm at most before cleaning all of them. Treat your investments with respect. :D

Reactions: Think1st

·
Registered
287 Posts
You should see how many you can put through before your first malfunction. That would be an interesting experiment.
I am probably a bit shy of where he is for round count.
I am at 11 or 1200 with no issues, I was trying to see where Hi-Point says to clean it as I think it was 1500 rounds.
I tend to follow the manufacturers recommendations as their engineers design and test them.
One of my friends takes his apart and cleans them for no reason....I dont have enough time for that!

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
I am probably a bit shy of where he is for round count.
I am at 11 or 1200 with no issues, I was trying to see where Hi-Point says to clean it as I think it was 1500 rounds.
I tend to follow the manufacturers recommendations as their engineers design and test them.
One of my friends takes his apart and cleans them for no reason....I dont have enough time for that!
I clean mine after every trip, myself. I just hate to put away dirty guns. My guess about why Hi Point recommends a large cleaning interval is because of the risk of little parts, like sears and trigger bar connectors either falling out or becoming misaligned. For the pistols, there is also the possibility of the hole accommodating the role pin getting wallowed out from too much removal and insertion of the pin.

That's the best guess I have, at least. Cic or Swagz would probably have some sort of insider information about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update
Went to the range today and fired another 500 rounds
So far I've fired over 2000 rounds thru my 995
This 995 has never jammed a single round and has never been cleaned.
I shall see how much longer it stays healthy, I will let Hi-Point know.
Awesome very well made rifle!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Update
Went to the range today and fired another 500 rounds
So far I've fired over 2000 rounds thru my 995
This 995 has never jammed a single round and has never been cleaned.
I shall see how much longer it stays healthy, I will let Hi-Point know.
Awesome very well made rifle!
How many magazines do you have?

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Swaga..
SO Why do they call them assault rifles and not an assault carbines? :D
He SHOOTS, He SCORES!!!

(answer is cuz they are dumb lib-turds and don't know the diff between anything firearm related) Shoulder Thing that GOES UP, "disposable clipazines", Doomberg ad where the complete cartridge is coming out of the barrel :rotfl:

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Reactions: CowboyBob

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
He SHOOTS, He SCORES!!!

(answer is cuz they are dumb lib-turds and don't know the diff between anything firearm related) Should Thing that GOES UP, "disposable clipazines", Doomberg ad where the complete cartridge is coming out of the barrel :rotfl:
Technically speaking anything under a 20" barrel is considered a carbine, anything over 20" is considered a rifle unless specifically called a carbine by the manufacturer, and they're all considered rifles...

There are also rifles with under 20" barrels that the manufacturer doesn't call a carbine.

And the word carbine is derived from the French word for the riflemen who chopped their full size rifles down to be easy to use while mounted. Carabinier...

So in typical gun culture, it's clear as mud.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts