I have to show this off

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by iAMADADDYOF7, Jul 9, 2017.

1. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

This is my brand new modified jhp and i love it just have to show it off. I tried to put it in another forum, but I'm bad at forums lol............

Attached Files:

ginemore and tular7 like this.
  2. rowiebowie

rowiebowie Supporting Member

Texas
    Welcome iAMADADDYOF7 ! ! !

Someone else put a reflex sight on the slide of a Hi-Point pistol recently. Next we need a range report (there is already a thread) so you can let us know how it shoots.

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Welcome! Yes, I'd like to know how it does on the range also. Please post the results.

4. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

Absolutely, I will update with more rounds through to see if it holds zero. I built the riser so that I can use the iron sight or the red dot, just in case it does lose zero. I used 10-32 cap bolts for the riser and its tapped through so that is not going to move. If it does not hold , then I'll have to spend more on the red dot , and I really don't want the red dot to cost more than the gun. The gun shots fine now but I agree time will tell.

Attached Files:

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Looks like alligator hide grips! Welcome.

:D

6. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

FYI...............The width of hi-point jhp 45 is between 1.438-1.441 at least where the mount is located.

7. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

Looks like alligator hide grips! Welcome.

Assistant director of the HPFF Alumin-nott

THE WORK OF A DREMEL LOL.....

8. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    Nice work all allaround, but holy height over bore, Batman!

9. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

"Nice work all allaround, but holy height over bore, Batman!"

i KNOW RIGHT....... but wanted to use my irons... the one you can buy that attaches to the front light rail and comes up at a 30 degree angle is actually higher than mine. I can drop it but would have to take more outa the inside and may make it weak. I'm not an engineer, just a machinist lol...........

10. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
    Might do a simple mount over the forward rail, mount the red dot forward as it has infinite eye relief. That would lower the stress on the rail, as it wouldn't reciprocate w/ the slide, and allow you to use a thinner mount, and thus a lower height.

With the original C-More sights, one technique was to mount it sideways, thus allowing lower height over bore:

[​IMG]

11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the Great Southwest!
    Where do you find time to work on projects like that with 7 kids?!?
    It came out real nice.

12. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

LMAO! :rofl: That was some funny shank right there! OP, Your work looks excellent, but I still had to laugh at what "backbencher" said. ;)

13. Welcome :) did the porting affect anything don't know what affect it would have on a blowback pistol ? (by it being lighter)

btw like the look of it great job

14. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

yah, that was the original Idea, but couldn't get my hands on a long enough piece of aluminum with out welding it. Good thing about my Hi-point is its a work in progress and I can adapt it at will. Thanks for the input. That definitely would lighten the recoil on the red dot for sure.

15. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

Lol you definitely have one of the ugliest guns ive seen. Hope it still shoots reliable and safely since you made the slide lighter.

16. 2012gt

2012gt Member

What are you shooting at in your first picture? I see your finger is on the trigger so you must be getting ready to shoot.

17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I'm betting he is shooting at,a target

18. jrock

jrock Member

Nice porting on the slide. Geez. If I had the time......

19. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

Sighted in the red dot and its a good little shooter. I've went to the range 5 times now and put about 300 rounds down range and haven't lost zero yet, so it must be a pretty good sight, but i've been really carefully not to bump it. Not that I think it would move, Its just I don't have that much confidence in a 30 dollar red dot.........On another note I would love to get my hands on a carbine in 9mm 995 I would love to mod out a carbine................

20. iAMADADDYOF7

iAMADADDYOF7 Member

Safety Nazi alert........................ In a controlled environment your finger can be on the trigger