Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's how it worked out. I work as a contractor for the Army. One of my contacts on base is retiring and getting rid of his gear. I ended up with 2 Kevlar PASGT helmets and a bunch of other goodies. So a few weeks later I am looking through the Barracks Thrift Store and come across an early 90's Martin Lynx Bow for $15. Not being one to spend more than I have to I wait until they do "clean up" and throw away all the unsold merchandise for the month. I picked the bow up for free. Another colleague at the base is a huge motorcycle guy/military collector/gun afficianado. So I sell the bow on craigslist for $25, give him a "free" Kevlar plus $35. And I am now the new owner of an almost mint C9. After deducting the $25 from the bow sale, and adding $10 to cover my a$$ and do a FFL transfer of the gun, total cost was $20.60 including tax.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That was one of those unbelievably good deals we get once, maybe twice in a lifetime. I myself have a similar story. I bought a C-9 in mint condition at a local pawn shop. It went like this:
I walk in for my weekly ammo run, and see an HP C-9 in the display case for 79 bucks. I ask about it and look at it. It's in mint shape, and he says it would be like 83 bucks after taxes and all. Well, I walk out. Two days later, I come back, say "Will you take 75 for it?" I now own a 75 dollar C-9.
It's sort of a GOOD thing there's so many irrational HP haters out there; when they get ahold of one, they let it go for nothing because they don't know what they have. :D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
man i used to love those thrift shops!!! i was stationed in Germany 10 years consecutively 1988-1998 and we had a Rod and Gun club... well they had real money slot machines/restaurant/dance hall/ and the gun/fish store all in the same building. i would play the slots and win a lot of times, my limit was only $20 and never any more, so i won $150 one time, walked over to the store and picked up 2 CZ83's for $75 each, of course no tax, so that was cool, another time i walked out with a Remmy 870. When the bases started closing i would drive 100 miles (nothing on the autobahn) to the Rod and Gun that was closing and they always sold for 40% below wholesale!!!!!! I took $300 and went to the Schweinfurt closing and came home with a Model 29, .44 S&W, a Ruger 10/22, a Ruger MKII, and 2 CZ 75's!!!!!

You got a great deal! I'm retired, DAV, but i would go back in in a heartbeat just for the deals!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
man that is sweet.all these deadl i hear about make me wanna wait and shop around online or something.i gave the guys 20 to hild it and i owe100 more. :'(

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found someone that a 380 in a farm baler and wanted 45.00 for it because of the warranty.
Please repeat the sentace. This time in english.
my bad --- I found a add on KSL for someone selling a 380 that was droped into the chain drive on a farm bailer and wanted 45.00 for it because of the warranty. Half the gun was missing. Sorry someone was talking to me while typing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts