Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the now the proud owner of a nickel Taurus Tracker .44 mag revolver. It has a 2.5" ported barrel and I'm wondering if there is ammo for sale that is made for shorter barrels. I figure I'll shoot the best priced ammo to practice with, and save the spendy stuff for carry while hunting and hiking. I'm not in grizzly country or anything and figure it would be enough for black bears and Cougs. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=715685

I haven't gotten out to fire her yet but I hope to soon.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
You may want to carry 44special ammo, in a short barreled revolver the recoil is lower and for most people more accurate. If you hand load use a special load on a magnum case. A 240gr lead SWC HP is a great bullet for 44sp loads.

Ron M.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
I gotta agree with Ron M. Short barreled .44 mag is gonna be a handful. Toning it down with some .44 spl might be a good idea. Still it's nice to have the option to use the magnum ammo. you never know when you're gonna have to put down a rabid dump truck. Keep us posted when you get to shoot it and run some of both through it. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.