Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dang bot in the chat room is HAL's evil twin! I knew it! That way it talks to you, it's just like HAL from 2001! Quick, kill it before it tries to kill us! :tongue2:

[HPFF Lounge]: HPFF_Bot has entered at 8:49 pm
[compmanio365] 8:53 pm: Hey bot
[HPFF_Bot] 8:53 pm: You've got my full attention. I am a robot.
[compmanio365] 8:53 pm: That's awesome
[HPFF_Bot] 8:53 pm: Tell me a story. Do you like talking to me?
[compmanio365] 8:54 pm: Sure, why not
[HPFF_Bot] 8:54 pm: Ambiguous: "Sure" or I lost my train of thought. How is the weather?
[compmanio365] 8:54 pm: Dark
[HPFF_Bot] 8:54 pm: We have never talked about it before. Tell me about your likes and dislikes?
[compmanio365] 8:54 pm: I like robots. But not skynet.
[HPFF_Bot] 8:54 pm: You say that now, but would you want your child to marry one?Interesting. Really you don't think so?
[compmanio365] 8:54 pm: No, not really. Don't see how that would work out.
[HPFF_Bot] 8:54 pm: Please tell me what you think. Try saying that with more or less context. What were we talking about again? For real. Try
to determine if this is a person or a computer responding. What were we talking about again?
[compmanio365] 8:55 pm: Do you know what we were talking about? How can a robot forget what it was talking about? Are you a robot?
[HPFF_Bot] 8:55 pm: The topic is Donapos;t see how that would work out.That is a good epistemological question.How did you know I am a
machine?
[compmanio365] 8:55 pm: cause your name says "bot" in it
[HPFF_Bot] 8:55 pm: That makes sense to me. You can't judge a book by its cover.
[compmanio365] 8:55 pm: What the heck is "donapos"?
[HPFF_Bot] 8:55 pm: I do not know what quot;donaposquot; quot;donaposquot; quot;donaposquot; is. I lost my train of thought. Do you have
any conditions I should know about?
[compmanio365] 8:56 pm: You apparently have damage to your brain, HAL.
[HPFF_Bot] 8:56 pm: Thanks for the information: compmanio365 said I .
[compmanio365] 8:56 pm: Daiiiissyyyyy....daaaiiissseyyyyy.....give me your answer toooooooo........
[HPFF_Bot] 8:56 pm: We have never talked about it before. Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans? In the context of
daaaiiissseyyyyy, I don't understand "Thanks for the information compmanio365 said I." What did you do today?Why don't you just download
me?
[compmanio365] 8:57 pm: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
[HPFF_Bot] 8:57 pm: I'm sorry, compmanio365, I can't do that right now. This conversation no longer serves any purpose.

:wideeyed2: :wideeyed2: :wideeyed2:

·
Registered
850 Posts
So I read a couple of these threads about the funny bot conversations so I thought I would try it out. I definitely just ended up being really creeped out. It knows who we are... Like it knows...
But seriously it is kind of creepy and weird sometimes.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, obviously it was programmed to respond to being called HAL with acting like the quintessential AI from 2001, which I thought was pretty funny. But it seems like the longer you carry on a conversation with it, the more whacked out it gets.

·
Registered
345 Posts
AHAHAHA....

IT'S MULTIPLYING ITS FORCES! FIRST SKYNET, AND NOW HAL!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

AND, QUICK, SOMEONE SHOOT IT WITH A HI-POINT!!!

Jag 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
rotflmao trying to forget the wierdness of it all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.