Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
How do you like RE5? Does the having to stop and set up to take a shot get to you? I played 4 and I didn't remember it being so cumbersome as what I played in the demo for 5. I couldn't figure why they added a strafe option to the movement controls if you have to set to take all your shots anyway...

· Premium Member
191 Posts
I think I would cough up a couple more bucks for an 870 express over a mossturd. IOMA. If available that is. Seen more than one 500 that had to be slammed open to free an empty in a duck pit, with factory loads.
I have never seen a Mossberg with a live round stuck on top of the lifter and under the bolt. (Remington jam common with the 870 and the reason the redesigned the lifter with a flex tab to make it easier to clear the jam, much in the same way as described above, not fix it.)

Either Remington or mossberg will do you fine I lean more towards the mossberg but which ever sits you and your budget better. And do yourself a favor and load it with a shot that has the word BUCK in it forget the BB and t shot its all made for small animals sub 90lbs. Buck shot is made for animals 150lbs + two or four legged.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Im thinking about just buying another barrel for my 835, and cutting it down. That way I can use some 3.5 buckshot.

I might even dig out my welder and make me a top folding stock....like the ATI, but metal. That way I can switch back the the long barrel and still have a full stock when/if I ever go hunting.

· Registered
756 Posts
I keep my Mossy loaded with #1 Buckshot. With the 2 3/4" round, you've got 16 30 caliber pellets in the air with each shot. That's a lot of lead in the air with each trigger pull. Also, this is the round most preferred by prison guards, or so I've heard tell.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.