I know what I want and god is taunting me with it.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Fenix, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Fenix

Fenix Guest

I just decided tonight that a 10/22 is going to be my first rifle, and for one reason:

[​IMG]

To mod it into a 22LR PS90. now i just need to figure out how to do it or find someone to make it. Back to waiting :(

2. browwiw

browwiw Member

I wonder if the horizontal magazine is functional or just for looks. Maybe if the receiver is mounted upside down and the magazine is custom made for the project...

3. Fenix

Fenix Guest

its just for looks, i'm going to replace it with a storage compartment for extras (batteries, ammo, etc.)

4. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    thats a real ps90 isn't it? I want one of those soo bad I can almost taste it.

5. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Nope, airsoft gun shell with a 10/22 inside. The problem is making it.

6. The thing though, is you can use that horizontal magazine for extra ammo storage even it it's just for looks. You can always find ways to make things functional even though they are't necessarily made to be that way.

7. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

Ive sat down and made lists and lists of mods that i want to make to each gun i own. I've spent more than a few dollars changing up my 10/22 but after doing so i found it was much more pleasing to put that money towards another firearm instead.

Purchase that 10/22 shoot it then do a little bit of trigger work. when the gun loses its "new gun" appeal , purchase an AR or AK or shotgun etc.

Im not trying to detract from your dream 10/22 but it's something you might consider. Im not against the idea as you can do what you want w/ your stuff, just thought id give you a different point of view.

Besides...I dont think i've seen a bull pup yet that i like the looks of. :?

8. neothespian

neothespian Member

After firing a bullpup configuration I've had it hard for one ever since, and have been seriously looking at the 10/22 conversion ever since I discovered it! A .22LR that close to your body mass would mean some fast and fairly accurate shooting! At that point, a full-auto would be redundant, and MAN does it look mean.

That bullpup is just unique as all get out. Dunno if I like it yet, but it has interest.

9. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I would consider it if I seen a step by step but so far all the looking I have done seems to skip some major steps.

I see the I bought this and did this and now look at this.

I am sure there is a step by step I just look in all the wrong places.

I think some of the bull pups are the Shiznilly.

10. s0b3

s0b3 Member

one thing to keep in mine when doing the 10/22 conversion on a bullpup is the overall length. i think it's 26" overall length to be legal.

11. hpman

hpman Guest

hmmm......has anyone ever tried an airsoft > Hp carbine conversion?

12. Fenix

Fenix Guest

heh, i've been thinking about it.

13. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Well since i got talked out of a .22 as my first rifle, my list keeps shrinking. This one is out of the running.

14. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Why were you talked out of a .22 as a first rifle? A .22 for a first is an AWESOME choice, and if it's a 10/22, it's even better.

15. Fenix

Fenix Guest

Well, cause even though it is low priced, I would prefer something that is more useful than just plinking.

16. I can't tell you how many whitetail deer that have died by the hands of an experienced shooter with a 10/22 in their hands. I also know a guy in Mississippi that turkey hunts with one. Someone handed him a shotgun and he laughed.. He said "It's just a turkey, I don't need a cannon to kill the damn thing!"

Dude, a 10/22 is an AWESOME choice for a first rifle regardless of if you mod it out or not.