I love my new C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by tkd_fan, Dec 21, 2015.

1. tkd_fan

tkd_fan Member

I know that these threads have been posted everywhere...but I'm still going to post mine. :D

I got my C9 just after Thanksgiving as an early Christmas gift (it was on sale) and I love it. I just went out today with my son and we ran 100 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly. I took the time to adjust the sights so it was accurate. I was able to shot 4" groups and I've not had much practice with a handgun. My son just had a blast and he was able to shoot 3" groups and he's more inexperienced than I am. :)

For all those that say these guns are junk...I'd like to see them prove it with mine. So far it has shot everything I put through it and the only issue I had with it was the mag spring being stiff. After the 150 rounds I've put through it so far that problem has fixed itself. Now I'm looking forward to getting my MO CCW so I can carry this. Though it's heavy it won't be an issue for me since I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 236 lbs).

Hi Point sure has another loyal follower in me!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:TKD_FAN!

What does that mean, btw?

3. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

tae kwon do based on his avatar I would guess. glad to hear another satisfied buyer. will be getting my C9 or .380 soon

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Who told you that? haha
    I was your size 1995!
    Welcome, I have a few Hi Point 9mm's I like a lot too!

5. tkd_fan

tkd_fan Member

>What does that mean, btw?

undeRGround...IDMT is correct. The tkd means Tae Kwon Do. I train 2x a week where I live and am preparing for my 1st Dan (1st degree black belt) test. Sometime early next year I should be able to earn it.

6. undeRGRound

INDY
    I was leaning to martial arts, but had no clue.
    Thanks!

My neighbor in the 80's, next to my first house I bought was
    listed at 5'3, 335# on his license. He said "I've gained a bit
    since then" prolly went over 400 pretty easy. I did some
    wiring on his house, didn't expect any $ and didn't get
    any, but he insisted on giving me SOMETHING :D
    He gave me an old motor driven siren, 12 VDC.
    I used it in place of my horn, which was no good.
    Needless to say, I "ran afoul of the law" with it :rofl:

It was impounded by the Owen County (IN) Sheriff,
    right around Halloween of that year. They said I could
    come and claim it, but I said "I'm GOOD!" ;)

7. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

I would suggest the C9. The price and size of the gun is the same but 9mm ammo is cheaper, easier to find and there are more choices.

8. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

Good luck on your test...In my younger years I trained extensively in ****o Ryu Karate and Aiki Ryu Jujutso. However today if I can find the time for 30 minutes on the treadmill I'm lucky. If I tried a simple spinning back kick I'd probably throw my hip out LOL. From now on I'm going to stay click pow martial arts LOL

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Also known as Puerto Rican Judo...

10. Mikial

Mikial Member

Congratulations! I am a practitioner of Kyokushinkaikan; plain old fashioned Japanese karate, but my wife and I are considering taking some Krav Maga. The sheer violence of it appeals to us. :cool:

More to the point, belated congrats on your Hi Point. My first one was a .380 I bought used at a yard sale many years ago, and I was hooked from the first trip to the range. I eventually gave it to a step-daughter and then got a 9MM for another step-daughter, but still own a .45 pistol and matching carbine. I own a lot of guns because shooting skills with a wide range of makes and models are important for my work, but although the high end models are more sophisticated and polished the Hi Point never lets me down and shoots great groups at combat ranges.

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome from Independence MO!.... Nice to have you!

12. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on your C9 and your upcoming black belt.

Myself, I practice the ancient Chinese art of BangPow!

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    :welcome:Mikial!
    The spelling looks Russian :D