Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot even begin to tell you how sick I am of every freaking sports team I root for completely sucking. If only I were smart enough to be one of those people who can just switch teams with a clear conscience, but no I'll keep rooting for my losers and kicking myself in the ass. Somebody talk me off the ledge!! Here's a list of my teams and their extremely small accomplishments.

KC Chiefs....one freakin super bowl championship... and it was before I was born, now winless and not looking up!!

KC Royals...one world series title...24 years ago...not even the playoffs since!!

Kansas State sports, football has one league title in my lifetime, currently getting their asses handed to them by Texas Tech. Basketball hasn't one a league title since...well I don't even remember when it was.

Basically if there is a team you want to lose...just have me cheer for them and they will suck instantly!!!!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thats a tough one you got there .. After all I did not even know that Kansas city Royal's was still a team . :laugh: ( just kidin ) I say new state new teams . The Indianapolis Colts have been doing a good job the past few years and look good this season as well .. Or you can do what I do and just start cheering against teams you hate instead .. Nothing more satisfying than watching a team you hate loose . :evillaugh:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
As long as you don't root for the Vikings, I am good to go. :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Dude I know how you feel. Grew up as a Cleveland Browns and Indians fan. And that's gotten me a whole lot of nothing. Luckily there is Ohio State football, but that is hit and miss too.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Dude...it's not you...it's Kansas, I mean seriously the Chiefs? As long as Denver and San Diego are in your division you will have a lot of bad seasons...said as I sit in My Broncos jersey :D But really, If they are your team just go with em I had to endure 4 Superbowl losses before the Broncos got it done..of course on a few occasions we knocked your guys out of the running...sorry man.

Edit to add:

Dude I know how you feel. Grew up as a Cleveland Browns and Indians fan. And that's gotten me a whole lot of nothing. Luckily there is Ohio State football, but that is hit and miss too.
Sorry to you too. I know how the Broncos derailed your Brownies too :D

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Man, Kansas sounds like a mecca for amazing sports teams, even the race track out there produces some of the most amazing side by side racing...not.

But on the bright side, maybe Bill Snyder can at least get K-State back on track in the few years...or get them out of the Big 12.

P.S. at least they cool helmets :tongue2:

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.. Or you can do what I do and just start cheering against teams you hate instead .. Nothing more satisfying than watching a team you hate loose . :evillaugh:
That's the thing...all the teams I hate win too!!! I tell my wife all the time I have this awful power of being able to turn the fortune of any game I watch...if I see a team I don't like is losing, I of course turn it on to watch, seems like as soon as I do things start to go south. I love sports...why does sports hate me?

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as you don't root for the Vikings, I am good to go. :)
I do have to cheer for Jared Allen though...that boy is bad ass!! Can't tell you what a great move that was for Kansas City to trade him away...morons!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Jared Allen, Adrian Peterson and I am surprised to say Brett Farve are all pretty bad ass. For all the Vikings fans like me who've always wanted to see them win it all, I think maybe this year they actually have a chance.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Oh, one more thing. Root for the Yankees, and the Cowboys. I want both of those teams to effin' DIE!

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Agree on most but don't giving favre the bad ass award yet, he still has time to fold on you like he did on the jets.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I am only judging the man on what he does on a daily basis. He's been bad ass so far, so until he fucks up, he's good to go. I never thought I'd ever say that, so someone knock on wood for me... I just did.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Agree on most but don't giving favre the bad ass award yet, he still has time to fold on you like he did on the jets.
I agree with that. Even though I'm a Packer fan, towards the end of his career with GB, Favre turned in to an interception-throwing machine. Towards the end of the season in NY he sucked too. Just give him some time to either get hurt or start sucking yet again.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I dont have that problem this year or the past few years really. Im a Yankees, Dodgers, Bears, Chargers, Jazz, Utah Utes fan. I also route for Florida because of Urban Meyers ties to Utah. All of those teams have been good over the past few years. Im predicting a Yankees vs Dodgers World Series. Bears are much better with Cutler and the future looks bright. Jazz are almost always a playoff team and Utah went undefeated last year and won the sugar bowl. This year hasnt been much of a letdown either. Chargers should have a better record but they will bounce back and win their division.

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well Primal I already hate the Yankees and the Cowboys, and I adopted the Twins as my playoff team, so they will surely lose. I just stepped away from the computer long enough to watch some of the Texas vs Colorado game (hate Texas) and quickly turned that games momentum away from Colorado...I'm cursed I tell ya, cursed!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
if you are lookiing for a new team to cheer(?) , there is plenty of room for more in the Browns and Indians bandwagon. i've been riding it for 40+ yrs.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yeah my chiefs suck this (and past) year(s). lol Hold on though man...dont be a bandwagon jumper!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts