I made the ULTIMATE ammo score

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by Silicon Wolverine, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

was in wally world last weekend and saw a box marked federal behind the sporting goods counter. what drew me was the fact there was loose 22 round spilling out. i mentioned it to the kid behind the counter and he siad "yeah somebody ran over one side with teh forklift in the back". I thought for a second and asked:
    "well is it for sale?"
    The kid said "its damaged merchandise but since its ammo they wont take it back-you want it?"
    "sure how much?"
    "oh lets see. theres 20 550 round boxes in there, how about 5 bucks a box?"
    "sounds good, ill take it ALL"

Yes freinds i walked out of wally world with 11,000 rounds of .22lr for just over 100 bucks. GO ME!

SW

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Oh man great score! WHo who who whoooooo!
    [​IMG]

3. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

now you will just have to fire every 20th round twice. the primers on federal .22 are pretty sad.

4. Silicon Wolverine

Ive had good luck with them. Ive fired around 20,000 of them to date with maybe 10-15 misfires. Mostly from a 10-22 and my walther P22.

SW

5. You are one lucky S.O......................never mind

good score

6. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

DANG IT.. I gotta get someone working for me on the "inside" now and have them forklift the heck out of all kinds of ammo.... time to start making contacts in the wally world forklift department :)

7. My wife worked at Wal-Mart for 3 years before she joined the USAF and I NEVER got deals like that, even from her!!!!

Score for SW!!!

8. Great score!

Only issue I ever had with Federal in my guns is its not accurate enough for paper shooting or hunting, but it feeds and fires better than the other bulk pack brands so I use it as my main plinking fodder.

9. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

nice, tell him you'll be back next week incase they have some more *wink* accidents with the ammo *wink wink*

10. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

Federal bulk pack 550rnds has always fed and fired nicely in my buckmark.. which is picky about ammo.

loves CCI.. but its getting expensive.. federal is more then acceptable.. Remington thunderbolts misfeed and misfire about 3 rounds per 10 round mag.

11. Very very nice!! insanely jealous here.

Wow, you would make the front pages of some liberal website with 11000 rounds of ammo at your disposal!

12. Could see the headlines now...

"Authorities are questioning a man for the recent purchase of 11,000 rounds of possible assault rifle ammunition at a local Wal Mart. According to Mrs Liberal, Wal Mart's Public Relations Spokeswoman disciplinary action is being considered against the store clerk for selling too much ammunition to a single individual. Wal Mart also intends to implement a policy to limit the amount of ammunition a shopper may purchase during a single store visit."

Please note.. the above is a fabricated story for amusement purposes only, so dont go off and e-mail wally world... :)

13. Silicon Wolverine

That and the 100,000 or so rounds in my basement could possible put me on thier ten most wanted list.

SW

14. And I thought 3000 rds of 308 was a bunch. Score one for our side.Check them out everyday.

15. Can someone PLEASE REMOVE this post?????

I keep reading the title, and it brings tears to my eyes!!!!! :lol: :lol:

16. Damn. I'm very jealous.

I only have about 15,000-20,000 centerfire caliber rounds.

17. i wish that cashier and fork lift driver worked at my Walmart.
    less than $.01/rd seems like a good deal to me

18. Good deal even though I don't like the Federals, too many misfires/no fires.

Remington Golden Bullet bulk packs work very well in the P-22.