I need a barrel and breech bolt assembly parts for a 995 -minus the receiver

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Parts and Accessories For Sale or Trade' started by adam01364, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I got a hold of an older 995 receiver, S/N A242XX. It's been stripped; the only thing the receiver has on it is the safety lever- which appears to be pinned. I have a Monkey Gun stock the shrouds, and hardware, but I'm going to need the barrel and the breech bolt as a minimum. Has anyone tried to purchase these from the factory? I'm planning to call tomorrow but if someone has already tried this with negative results, I'll save myself the call and look for a parts kit on one of the auction sites. Here are some pics of the receiver for your amusement :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Be funny to send that in for warranty work. "I bought a used 995 and I don't think it's quite complete. Will you folks check it over for me?"

3. :wah: I posted this in the wrong section. Could a friendly mod move it to the "wanted" section? :wah:
    BTW Cicpup, that idea did flash across my mind, but I think Mom would make me stand in the corner forever if I tried it. :D

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Does it have a serial number?

5. Yup. S/N A242xx. But there are no other markings on it at all. If you didn't know what it was, you'd think it was a part off a 1966 Rambler Classic.

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Technically, you could probably send it in.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

Technically, being an "A" serial number, it probably once was part of a 1966 Rambler Classic.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Prolly a fun project, unless it's just too difficult to find the parts :foilhat:

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Call mom and ask.

10. Well, I called and left a voice message. I'll let you all know how it goes.

11. what_now

what_now Member

I'm willing to bet they will offer to send everything but the barrel. But it never hurts to ask.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You could say everything else was eaten by an Alligator, or lost in a fire,
    and maybe MoM would fix it for you :D But one should NEVER lie to their MoM!!!

13. cicpup

Vermont
    <Beep>

"Hi. I bought a used 995 online and I was wondering how much of a 995 do I need to have for you to consider it a 995? I mean it might be missing a few parts. Quite a few actually. Like the thing I put the bullets in. What's it called? Oh yea. The breach. And I'm missing the thing you look down to sight it in. You know, the barrel. And the stock? Just can't seem to locate it in the package. I do have the serial number though. And the piece it's attached to! So that's something. And.. Well that's pretty much it. I think I should have held out for a better deal. But I have been told that you warranty all your firearms so I figured 'What the heck?'. Please call me back and let me know if I just wasted my $150. Thank you."

14. Yup, I'd be afraid that MoM would wash my mouth out with Hoppes. :eek:
    Seriously though, I've always been completely honest with MoM and she's always treated me wonderfully.

15. :rofl: That's really good. :rofl:

In reality Cicpup isn't far off; my message kinda went like this: "I've come across a used 995 receiver that's been stripped of pretty much everything. It's early, the S/N is A242xx, but there are no other markings on it to indicate it's a Hi-Point. I have a stock and a number of internal parts to rebuild it but I need a barrel and the breech. I was wondering if Hi-Point would sell those parts to me?"

If I can't get the parts from MoM, I'll look for a parts kit to build it up from. I'm in no rush, I've already got a few 995 carbines -but one can never have enough, just ask Melvin. :)

16. And the answer is..... drum roll please....

"Sorry, but we don't sell barrels or breaches. How did you come by the receiver?"

I told her.

I was put on hold while she checked with the president, after a few minutes she reconnected with me and told me they won't fix it.

And I'm totally fine with that. It's a bare bones receiver, why should they fix it?

Next up: I'll be looking for a 995 parts kit on the auction sites. :)

17. cicpup

Vermont
    Well we finally found something they won't fix.

18. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    While you keep an eye out for a parts kit, maybe you might know someone who does machining and might be willing to manufacture a barrel and breech block. That's a BIG maybe, but that is not entirely unheard of.

19. If I knew somebody who could machine like that I'd have them teach me how to make myself a 995 receiver that'd accept double stack mags LOL.
    Since that's not an option, I looked for and found a parts kit. :) I'll be rebuilding this coming weekend. :)

20. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Would 'Mom' fix it if you paid for it?
    $125-$150 and you have a new gun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.