I need an adult...that knows about cigars

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

So I went to pick up the woman and this dude handed me a sealed package of cigars and says they weren't what he thought they were.

They are 5 Vegas cigars. It was a super-sampler pack with 16 cigars in it and he smoked 4. One of each kind. It's a $90 box of cigars from what I can tell.

Edit: It has the Classic, Cask Strength, Gold Maduro, and the Gold Double-Nickel

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

They're fulla crack!..... Sorry Brother, I can't help you...

3. Rachgier

Oh, and they're all 6x60, and the ones aren't the double nickel, they are the bullion.

4. Rachgier

I checked that site Mary. Turns out it was originally the 20 cigar mucho grande double sampler, yes I'm paraphrasing. $125 package msrp. $4-$9 per stick individualy.

They smell fantastic but the old lady gave me the look of death and said, "Not in this bedroom, unless you plan on sleeping alone for a month."

5. Bull

Well now you got some cigars to smoke in the garage...... With your new reloading stuff.

6. Rachgier

I think I might save them for the trip out West once we finally close on a house. Freedom cigars.

7. Bull

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1434451371.761678.jpg ...............

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Make sure to get them into a humidor. They will dry out, otherwise, and you won't be able to enjoy them as well. Those little samplers typically are not as fresh as the single-type bundles, so you are already behind the power curve on the humidity front.

If you have a wood box that isn't tainted with any chemicals, you can at least put them in that with a damp paper towel, not allowing it to touch the cigars and dampen them. Too much dampness can also lead to molding.

9. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

They are basic, not my style.........now you want something good and consistent, Arturo Fuentes, especially the 858's.

If memory serves, the ones you got are basic rebrand repack

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Sorry dude I only mess with Copenhagen.

11. shane73

shane73 Member

Marlboro special blend lights and swisher sweet blueberry for me.

12. papataylor

papataylor Member

5 Vegas is good stuff. No graycliff or high-end Arturo fuente, or Man O' War, but they are enjoyable.

Be sure to cut properly in between the two "caps" and light by warming (hold the tip of the flame just above the end of the cigar, never inhale the light) to get the best of it. I stick with 2-4 puffs a minute.

I know way too much about cigars, it's my dirty secret.

13. papataylor

papataylor Member

858's? The Opus series is where it's at.

I prefer the Hemingway like to 858's.

14. papataylor

papataylor Member

A better way for a cheap humidor is to wet a paper towel, place in a plastic bag, place the cigars in a second plastic bag, placed inside the bag with the paper towel (bag with cigars must be opened at the top) and close the towel bag.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Shove them in an intern and be done with it.

16. Bull

I almost mentioned Lewinsky'n em, but I knew SOMEONE would soon enough!...

17. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

opus series are a little strong for me.

My first cigar was an 858, my first drink in a bar was a whisky sour, so I have a thing about both of them, forgot to mention my first girl was asian

18. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

A good cigar should be prepared properly prior to smoking.... you should soak them in cider. ;):rofl:

19. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I quit smoking cold turkey 5 years ago so y'all sinners to me now.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]