I need an intervention...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by big_bad_doug, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Walked into one of my LGS's yesterday to see if they had some 22 mag and there it was, I saw it from across the room, just sitting there on the rack between a shotgun and a couple of hunting rifles. I didn't have a clear view but it was one of those instances where something catches your eye and you're drawn to it.

I walked over, took it off the rack and damned if it wasn't about the coolest, sweetest bolt action rifle I've ever seen, a Springfield 1903 A3. I've said before that 90% of my gun purchases are driven by what catches my eye and this is one of those times. I want it BAD!!! I don't need another 30-06, I admit that I'll take it out once a year and put a few rounds through it, clean it up, wipe it down and put it back till next year. But I'll also take it out every few weeks and throw it up to the shoulder, sight down the peep sights and say 'damn I love this gun!' I'll admire it, wipe the drool off my face and put it away.

At $550 I think it's a fair price and they'll do lay-a-way for me so I've come here today to ask you guys to talk me out of it.

On second thought...

If it's still there in three weeks it's MINE!!!!

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

If we limited ourselves to what we "needed", we'd not have near the collection of guns..... We ain't Jiminy Cricket, we're the guy that holds your beer for you, while you say "watch this"

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Don't look to me for help. The LGS would of already had a deposit if I saw it!

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    This is the place to get advice from enablers--not interventionists.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

$550 for an 03A3 is a very good price if it is in good condition. Buy the dang thing I am not going to talk you out of it

6. histed

histed Supporting Member

Same here. I may help you hide it from the wife, but, at that price, it really needs a home in your safe.

7. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i've let some good ones get away i regret all of them.

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Sorry. I can't help you Dude. About half my firearms were acquired that way.

9. It might not be there when you get back. I would've put it on layaway rightaway.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Leave it alone. Don't touch it. Just walk away.

...and tell me where it's at. ;)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :rofl: :rofl:

12. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

It's in PA so it is too far away for me to buy, I mean inspect it for you.

13. That's what I was counting on.:D

Iklawson, I knew I could count on you! It's at, hmmmm, just moment...

I'm thinking...

Damn I hate getting old, I forgot where I saw it.

Oh well, just hope it comes to me in two weeks when I have the money to put it on law-a-way. It will be mine!

14. Fracman

Fracman Member

Ok I will be that guy you said you don't need another 30-06. You also said that you are only Going to shoot it once a year. I say take that money and spend it on ammo for a gun that you shoot often.

15. Branth

Branth Member

16. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

You want an intervention? How's this....

QUIT STALLING! GO GET THE DAMN THING!

Feel better now?

17. histed

histed Supporting Member

Uhhh....doug?? - I'm in Central Pa, too. I'm off this week. Just shoot me a PM and I''ll take Iklawson's place and carefully inspect this beauty for you. If deemed worthy of your attention, I'll let you come to my house and drool. ;) I'll even let you shoot it once a year.

18. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    You are mistaken. You don't need an intervention. You need more money.

19. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

EXACTLY!!

I'm in SE PA, how far would I have to travel to inspect this for you?:rolleyes:

20. shane73

shane73 Member

If I had the money. Road trip. All joking aside just buy the thing.