Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i picked up a 995 with ati stock. I like my non-hunting rifles and carbines to have a vertical grip. I have seen the bushman picatinny rail that mounts over the sling stud. What other options are out there?

pics and info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the obvious. I did search both here and google before i posted. thanks for being "that guy".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know where to find vert grips. I actually have a vert grip i am not using. I dont have anyway of mounting it.

How are other ATI stock owners mounting them? The ATI stock does not have mounts for a vert grip. I have seen a few have drilled and bolted picatinny rails on the sides and such. What have others done?

If the bushman rail is the only, cool. i am looking for options for mounting a vert grip.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
mine is drilled and bolted, just a normal pict rail, drill up and through, put the thin nuts on with a small lock washer, locktite and done. i did put some 5 minute epoxy in the holes before i put the bolts in just for safe measure. it has held up for over 700 rounds without moving at all.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have seen one out there, Radair,I just wanted to be creative and cheap.lol

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Well by all means experiment then:) and post the pics.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
That looks pretty good like that man.

·
Registered
101 Posts
50 yds and 100 yds. I think I need to back off from the energy drinks!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I had an extra AK pistol grip after putting on a new one so thats what I used for the fore grip on my 995. Very easy to install, took about 5 minutes, just drill a hole for the grip mounting bolt. Very sturdy and hasn't loosedned at all after 700+ rounds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The tri rail system designed for the Beretta Storm carbine works well and is a bolt on attachment:

Also gives a handy space for a light. I bought mine used by have seen them used from time to time for alot less than new.

Note that if you get the "Bottom rail kit" that it only comes with one side rail and will require a spare side rail to complete the mount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no doubt. That is an awesome gun. can you give us more specs and such on the accessories? What top full rail is that? bushman? what is that front block over the barrel? is the FH threaded on?

thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here is the thread from when I did the orginal build:
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,5712.0.html

The flash hider and bolt knob are both bushman. The top rail was machined from a piece of raw 1913 rail from Evolution Gun works and uses the front sight post as the front support. The forward rail is the Beretta bottom rail kit. The flashlight is a cheap gun show special. Vertical grip is a Grip-Pod knockoff. Sling is an Unclc Mikes 3 point sling. Flip up sights are airsoft parts bought off ebay. Optic has since been changed to an aimpoint M2 clone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts