Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe the administration at that website. I joined there about two weeks ago and was excited to see how diverse they are. What I really liked was they allow political discussion. Well, did, lol.

Anyhow, to make this short, I quoted a moderator there, billy, as he was arguing with another member about moving political discussions to a payed forum. I did voice my opinion but did so without being an arse or breaking any forum rules. The reply from this billy dork was "Wildman, BYE BYE". Then he banned me. No e-mail, no PM, no explanation other than "i am a moderator on this forum." Unbelievable. So I take to contacting the owner, chris, but cannot do so without being a member. So I register again using the name namdliW (clever huh!) and send this chris an e-mail and a PM asking him to review the thread and let me know what rule I broke. No reply in 4-5 days. In the meantime I have replied to a few threads (after being "allowed" by a moderator, new member rule). Still no word from the owner.

So tonight I log onto their chat board and as luck has it I find this billy (who welcomes me), midas (another mod), and Oxford who I suspect is chris. Of course they recognize me and start asking questions. I answer them and ask why no one e-mailed me, or PM'd me. I also asked what rule I broke. This is where it gets good. I was told by Oxford that I was banned because I was a "noob"! I apologized and siad I wished he'd have taken the time to read my posts (he admitted he never read a one!). After that reply he cursed me for being argumentative! So obviously I know the ban is coming again and this midas fello asks if I have any last words. I said yeah, please remove my posts, all of them, if you ban me again. This Oxford moron tells me they will do no such thing, they are the property of the forum! Well. I guess I have been so intolerable that they had to ban me but, at the same time, not so bad that my posts had to be edited or removed.

Sorry about the long post. I am very frustrated at the immature, moronic, and plain ignorant administration that place has. They dub themselves the "friendliest gun forum on the internet" but I call BS on that claim. It's too bad too. The members are very nice, the topics diverse, and they have virtually no hate for any brand of gun.

I guess the answer is obvious. Stay where the real adults are! (I wasn't leaving here, just needed more info to consume!) :)

G

·
Wow. As a moderator, that schtick sounds pretty heavy handed, and "Lord of all in the forum" attitude.
For all the people who think they have it bad here, you should check that place out.

G

·
Hahaha. It sounds like the place is being ran by a bunch of kids.

Reading your post/rant reminded me of that reality TV show in NBC "Kid Nation", it was a total flop.

ah....thus is the reason I do not bitch about this place. At least I know clear thinking people are in charge.

Well....except that Primal fella...not sure about that one. :wink:

G

·
Kid Nation was on CBS: It initially was slotted to replace Jericho, until the fans brought it back for a half season. Canceled again.....but thats for another thread.

G

·
sounds like an ak forum i was on. i got yelled at by a member for posting,being a noob. said i needed a bigger post count before i could do that. duh! isnt that how your supposed to get a larger post count, by POSTING?!!! i stopped going there after that. this forum is great! everyone is nice and helpful, and havnt seen too much crazyness that ive seen on many other forums. there is a nice sense of humor here, along with a nice welcoming feeling that ive never gotten on other forums. +1 FOR THE HPFF!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I am a member there, but long ago gave up posting. Everyboard is ran different, and when you have alot of yahoos, sometimes you have to be a little over protective. BUT gunandgame allows it to be taken too far and rules a bit too hard. Atleast here you get warned a few times for being a goober before anything happens and being a "noob" is ok, so long as you arn't telling people about how you figured out how to make your 995 full auto or some junk. I still ctuise gunandgame occasionally as they have some good contributing members, but I doubt the day I post again will ever come to pass.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
GunAndGame is ok... it has its perks, the main one being more people there if you want lots of opinions quickly. It is neat that they allow some political discussion. There are alot of good people there, too.

However, this is still the best gun forum I know. There are some things some don't like, and it isn't huge by any means, but it is a relatively strong community for a gun forum.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Sounds like I am not missing much there. I only hit a couple boards a day, this one, the ohio ccw one, and my own on my site. I have been here a while, in the beginning no one ever gave me crap for being a noob.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have to give props to TexasT at G&G. He unbanned me so I could check my PM's and had contacted me to try and figure what was going on. He maybe didn't feel I was treated right in the chat room either. I do thank TexasT for being an adult about this. If they want to work it out I'm OK with that. But if they want to act like kids well...Then no, not interested. Sad as the bulk of their members are very helpful.

I am very satisfied with HPFF and always have been. Yeah I've had my differences here but because the owners and mods are adults here and are smart enough to cool off before pushing the red button. Believe me members appreciate that!

A BIG +1 to HPFF for a wonderful place well run!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi wildman, billy is a that is a drug burnout,cant keep a job, and has moved all over the place....just letting you know

·
Just a Man
14,224 Posts
Hi wildman, billy is a that is a drug burnout,cant keep a job, and has moved all over the place....just letting you know
?????? Your first post is in a six year old thread, and gibberish?

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
It's a zombie! Someone plug this thread in the head.
Where is cicpup and that fancy hydro dipped zombie themed .380

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
Just letting you know that things havent changed in all this time.
And why you so mean to a noob? LOL
Some things never change, people calling out noobs is one of them. especially with the rash of spam bots we have been getting around here.

Welcome to the forum. Yes we are a dedicated hi-point forum. But we have lots of other cool guns too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
One of the things I like most about this forum is that it is kinda small. There is enough knowledge here to answer almost any question, and yet small enough you get to know individuals. People here love HiPoints and but are cool with all other kind of guns.

Even the religious and political debates are for the most part tempered where people can say a belief without the usual nasty personal attacks from the other side. Very civilized discussion for the most part :)

Plus I am here, so that makes it that much better for everyone else :rolleyes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
One of the things I like most about this forum is that it is kinda small. There is enough knowledge here to answer almost any question, and yet small enough you get to know individuals. People here love HiPoints and but are cool with all other kind of guns.

Even the religious and political debates are for the most part tempered where people can say a belief without the usual nasty personal attacks from the other side. Very civilized discussion for the most part :)

Those are the reasons why I finally settled on this particular gun forum after having lurked on several others - rational discussion (mostly), egos held in check (mostly), and friendly earnest people with helpful attitudes. Why is this forum different from the three-ring circuses? It's the Hipoints; I kid you not. By and large, Hipoint owners are less class-conscious, less egotistical, and more practical (i.e. not above getting their hands dirty) than people on other gun forums. Makes sense, right?

You want to know some other forums that are pretty good? Check out forums dedicated to "ring of fire" guns. Sure, say what you will about those guns, but the people on those forums are good people. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts

In your signature you say Jeep, got any pics?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.