Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started in December 2008. I decided Santa was gonna bring me my first gun, but which one? I went to my local gunshop and saw this 45 cal pistol I never heard of before for only $199 out the door. It was a Hi Point, and as anyone that was brought up with "you get what you pay for" thought it has to be junk. I figured it was worth doing some research. So I found HPFF. After reading for a couple days I decided all these people can't be wrong and worse case I'm out $200. So I bought the 45. The day I picked it up I went straight to the range and put 100 rounds through it. WOW!!! It slung lead without any problems. After about 10 rounds, I had it in about a 3" grouping at 25'. I was hooked. 3 weeks later I got a 995 with a scope for $260 out the door. Just as great of an experience.

All I needed now was a C-9 to complete the family. Finally about 2 months later the gunshop got one in for $155 o.t.d, so I jumped on it. As I learned from you guys I loaded the mag and forgot it for 2 1/2 weeks. Well, today I took it out for it's first 150 rounds. Not one jam. Not one ftf. The first shot at 25' was 1" to the right and 1 1/2" down. Not bad I thought. 3 more round with adjustments it was dead on.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

I have a 45, a 9mm and a 9mm carbine, all as accurate as can be, never 1 ftf, all 3 together for less than 1 "name brand" hand guns. All I can say is.....

THANK GOD FOR H.P.F.F!!!!

Here's the family.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice family you got there, The slide on the 45 is that painted or did you remove the powder coat?
painted. it's holding up great too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I will get the hp.40 or .45 as soon as buisness comes back in this area .. I was real close last week to picking up a hp.45 at the gun shop .. It was $195 but I decided to wait for the time or my wife would have used it on me ..

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
:cry2: another touching HPFF testimony, can I get an A-Men!? What a cool story Jrsky!! And you prolly have less invested in your whole family than most folks do in one pistol! WAY TO GO BRO!!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I wonder how many folks when buying there first hi-point said "Oh what the heck, It's only a $100+. If It's a piece of junk I can trade it, use it as my truck gun, boat anchor......then found out it was the best $100+ they ever spent for a gun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great looking bunch :D I have been thinking about getting a 40 or 45 but at the moment, the way ammo is and my finances, not sure if I could really afford to get another kid.... Then I think about being able to afford it now better than later. hmmmmm just can't make up my mind :brow:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Last December, I bought my first HP, a 40acp, at a gun show for $150 ANIB, and that was because I had sold some safe queens and had about 200 bucks to spend. I took a lot of razzing and the normal "junk" stuff too. But then after shooting it, joining both this forum and the other one, and talking with some seriously intelligent gun experts, I found I had made a good decision. So my goal became to acquire every model HP makes and today I added the new camo 45 ACP. Now all that is left is the 4095. I believe in HP's being the best bang for the buck out there and buying a gun made in America, by Americans, with American components, not only makes me feel good but maybe in my small way, I am helping keep jobs in this country. So...wave the Flag and buy Hi-Point!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last December, I bought my first HP, a 40acp, at a gun show for $150 ANIB, and that was because I had sold some safe queens and had about 200 bucks to spend. I took a lot of razzing and the normal "junk" stuff too. But then after shooting it, joining both this forum and the other one, and talking with some seriously intelligent gun experts, I found I had made a good decision. So my goal became to acquire every model HP makes and today I added the new camo 45 ACP. Now all that is left is the 4095. I believe in HP's being the best bang for the buck out there and buying a gun made in America, by Americans, with American components, not only makes me feel good but maybe in my small way, I am helping keep jobs in this country. So...wave the Flag and buy Hi-Point!
A-freakin-MEN!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
So...wave the Flag and buy Hi-Point!
Woohoo Buckeye!! :welcome: way to go!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.