Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday while I was at local gun store. I saw a beat up c-9 for $149. (A steal in Central Florida Orlando where you have to drive for at least an hour on i-4 until gun prices get reasonable again.)

Naturally, it wasn't a great price. But with hi-point warranty I thought. Should I give this a try? After sleeping overnight I decided that I wasn't going to find another 9mm for that price here locally. (Budsgunshop.com has it for 169 new, which after transfer fee's and background checks comes to over $200.) So I walk in with the idea of putting it on layaway because I dont quite have $149 laying around. I mention to the guy that i'll take it on layaway and he drops the price $49 on the spot. Needless to say I wasn't going to turn down a potentially fully functional hi-point for less then $100. So after taxes and fees out the door $112!!!!

You can tell that it has seen better days. But if I had to guess, isn't this the compensated model? Minus the compensator?

Plastic around the trigger looks deformed/melted. Wonder how it got that way?

Good side view photo.

Other side view.

So now I am up to a 995 & C-9!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Nice find, and yes I do believe that is the compensated one. Id send her back to mom for a once over and who knows they might put a comp on it for you for free. Either way, the gun will come back looking new and youll have an extra mag, cant beat it!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sure looks like a Comp C9 w/ a 10 rd mag. Based on what ya say about prices where you're at..good find for the final price.
Get it back to "Mother"..heh..You'll enjoy that one dude.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Definitely a comp. I just bought one for about that much here and they replaced everything except for the barrel. I'm positive they'll put a new compensator on that for you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm just ticked someone let a firearm get in that kinda shape. Good find though, I'd love to see pics when you get it back. I'd buy it up for 100 bucks in a heart beat that's for sure. Makes me wana cruise pawn shops around here and try to get a steal like that.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
You just got a GREAT deal on a C9 comp. Send it home and they will replace the comp as well as overhaul it, awesome deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
here in north carolina you can find C9's for 100bucks new + 7% sales tax and a 5dollar pistol permit but i do admire you for taking a "abused" gun under your wing and willing to make it new again

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here in north carolina you can find C9's for 100bucks new + 7% sales tax and a 5dollar pistol permit but i do admire you for taking a "abused" gun under your wing and willing to make it new again
While there are good deals out there. In my neck of the woods, even after taking advantage of prices of yours caliber. After shipping, ffl, taxes, background check. I would still pay $150 plus. So although thats an awesome deal and I would be buying those up in droves if I lived near you I am pleased with my find as it is a realistic price for me.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
$110 out the door for a brand new C9? I live in the state they are made and the cheapest new ones I have ever seen even on sale are $129, I have never seen them for $99, not even 10 years ago

·
Registered
850 Posts
I remember when they were $99 but that was a long time ago. Cheapest I've seen a C9 has been $119 on sale at Vance's or Ohio Valley but that has even been awhile ago. They're going for $129 now.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
You scored a comp dude!!1 awesoe find. Send it in, and i am sure they will throw a compensator back on it.

iw ould be jealous, but i already have a comp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts