I saw this on my local gun dealer website....

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Dagwood, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Actually, it's a gun trader website. This is not from a dealer. This seemed very interesting to me.
    http://www.jasonsguns.com/Display.aspx?id=72767

I don't have an AR. I do have an AK, but my wife gave me that one for Father's Day last year so that ones a keeper. I was thinking about trading my Keltec SU16. If he's interested.
    What do you guys think? Deal or no deal? I might have to throw in something else on top of the deal. I don't know. As always, I know you guys will "shoot me straight".

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I wouldn't trade the SU-16. They are not exactly the most readily available rifles, and they seem to get more expensive to buy from time to time. The collection of items that he is trading, however, is made of pieces that are not as likely to go up in value.

Out of the firearms that he is willing to take in trade, I would only trade him a 1911 made by one of the lower-cost manufacturers. To expect an AR or an AK in trade is just asking too much. Either of those items is too durable of an item and has too many accessories available to upgrade them or to easily replace worn parts to trade them for what he has.

Yes, the warranty is a great thing, but when trading weapons, I would not want to receive something, in return, that relies upon the good will of a manufacturer if giving up something known to be useful under the harshest of conditions.

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

The only 1911 I have is my RIA .22tcm / 9mm combo. I'm not trading that one either. I may not have anything to trade that would be mutually agreeable.
    You are right though, the hp's aren't really going to go up in value. Thats not why we love em and collect em.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I don't know Dagwood. My advice would be to keep the SU16, channel your inner Melvin, and try to find other deals on a couple of HP carbines if that's what you're really after. You might end up paying a little bit more in the long run, but at least there's less chance of regretting getting rid of the Kel Tec.