Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used C9. Picked it up yesterday and took it to the range. Ran a bunch of federal american eagle and independence ammo through it. About 2 out of every 10 rounds would chamber but the slide must not have gone back far enough to set the firing pin because I pulled the trigger and got nothing. No jams, fully chambered, but no click or bang.

The gun was clean.

When I removed the round that didn't fire I also saw that there was a small dimple in the primer from the firing pin as the slide closed when chambering the round. I could manually cycle the slide and the rounds would then fire.

We'll see. Hope it turns around quick.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
You should have to sign for it & I believe they use FedEx.

Sounds to me like the firing pin spring. I had the same issue & had them send me the parts & replaced it myself.
Since yours was used you did the right thing by sending it in. Hi-Point will give it a thorough checkup & replace all the parts it needs for you. You might even get an extra magazine for your troubles too.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
When Hi Point returns the C9 to me, will there have to be an adult home to sign for the package?
Just got my C9 back on Monday, so I can affirm: yes, an adult must sign. Can't remember the shipper for sure, but think it was FedEx.

BTW, this is the first time that I've had to ship anything to HP that was not clearly user error (first time: mine; second time: some idiot's; this was occasion 3), and in this case, it was a used C9 with a questionable trigger from the get-go. Service, as always, was superb. Well, except for turnaround time: God put Ohio too far from Seattle :D

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
When Hi Point returns the C9 to me, will there have to be an adult home to sign for the package?
Just got my C9 back on Monday, so I can affirm: yes, an adult must sign. Can't remember the shipper for sure, but think it was FedEx.

BTW, this is the first time that I've had to ship anything to HP that was not clearly user error (first time: mine; second time: some idiot's; this was occasion 3), and in this case, it was a used C9 with a questionable trigger from the get-go. Service, as always, was superb. Well, except for turnaround time: God put Ohio too far from Seattle :D
I was just wondering, How long was the time from it was shipped in until it was returned?

I sent my C9 in last Monday, they received it on Tuesday morning but I only live about 50 miles from the Mother Ship.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the C9 back this past Tuesday (exactly 1 week door to door). Took it to the range on Thursday and it fires perfectly now. HP replaced the firing pin and spring. Got an extra mag too. HP rocks.

I feel I did OK for $120.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I got mine back on Friday. They put a new barrel on mine and "tuned" it up. Now all I have to do is get a chance to see how it shots. They sent me an extra mag also. GREAT COMPANY!!! ;) :yay!:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
To be honest I don't know? My problem was trying to site it in. I had the elevation screw almost all the way out, the gun was still shotting low. But on a good note I took it out this afternoon and it is right on at 10 yards and at 20 ft. The tech must have known what he was doing by replacing the barrel. Don't have any idea why it worked, but........ :undecided:

Now all I have to do is pratice a "lot" more. I have owned about 30 or so handguns over the years. This is the first time that I have fired one in about 15 years. Old age is showing up in my shotting.

Didn't mean to hijack your post. I am glad Hi-Point treated you good. A GREAT COMPANY!!! :yay!:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To be honest I don't know? My problem was trying to site it in. I had the elevation screw almost all the way out, the gun was still shotting low. But on a good note I took it out this afternoon and it is right on at 10 yards and at 20 ft. The tech must have known what he was doing by replacing the barrel. Don't have any idea why it worked, but........ :undecided:

Now all I have to do is pratice a "lot" more. I have owned about 30 or so handguns over the years. This is the first time that I have fired one in about 15 years. Old age is showing up in my shotting.

Didn't mean to hijack your post. I am glad Hi-Point treated you good. A GREAT COMPANY!!! :yay!:
Maybe the end of the barrel had a ding in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That would be my guess...or just some little problem right at the crown when it was originally turned.

It's a common gunsmithing practice to chamfer the crown when accuracy is suffering for no apparent reason; it also has the added benefit of recessing the lands/grooves below the end of the barrel, which protects them from damage in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.