Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, no pics of the cool cars...just a small rant.

Why do people take completely stock, brand new off the showroom vehicles to a car show? I'm sure it's special to you...but it's just like every other vehicle on the road that I get too look at every day. I understand when dealers do it as a promotion, but for the private owner....

And people whom belong to the PT Cruiser car clubs....your not special either, changing the factory floor mats to some from Autozone doesn't make your car/truck custom. Nothing about a PT Cruiser is special, I mean...c'mon. We used to give them away as loaner cars at the dealership.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
PT Cruisers fail.

I've often wondered about why people take stock cars to carshows. I mean something like a Viper, Plymouth Prowler, Ferrari, etc. I can understand because (at least around here) those aren't vehicles you see on a daily, weekly, or generally even monthly basis.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Are you sure you didn't mistake a dealership for a carshow?? :p

No wait, that was the Walmart parking lot!! :laugh:

just kiddin

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
nice masso or massos dad.

I agree 100% with the stock new/pt cruiser thing. Its been a peeve of mine and my buddies for years now. I dont get what theyre thinking...everyone just walks by or looks to see where the cool stuff is on it and end up disappointed. Its just moms grocery getter.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Nice truck, my only issue is the reverse doors on a classic truck, it seems so foreign...

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't mind anyone bringing any car to a car show. It's a great atmosphere to hang out at and shoot the shit with others who care about their vehicles. Stock or not. As for the PT Cruiser thing, there are some seriously modified PT Cruisers driving around that people spend a lot of time and money on modifying. I'm sure some of those same people would wonder why some people spend so much money buying accessories for a gun that worked just fine without the accessories. Just using that analogy to tie in the theme of this forum. If you don't appreciate the work that goes into modifying any car, whether you like that particular model or not, then you don't belong at a car show criticizing other peoples rides.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I went to the "My Classic Car" carshow about 5 year ago and aside from the technology area, both my father and I wer very dissappointed. Tickets to that show were 42 dollars a piece.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
They had a carshow on base last year and there were some nice vehicles there, but there was a stock mid 90s Civic there, it was in nice condition but I was like what the hell!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.