Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
~ slides the 5lbs of unopened Varget in my closet behind a sleeping bag ~
Yeah, like I'd be crazy enough to come into your house uninvited - even if you weren't home. No desire to be dog food

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
Yeah, like I'd be crazy enough to come into your house uninvited - even if you weren't home. No desire to be dog food
These two are big babies. Haze is all mouth and Ahyoka is submissive.

·
Super Moderator
25,930 Posts
I liked your dogs.
Haze just started heartworm treatment 2 weeks ago. Almost killed him, still might. Touch and go for a few days. 350ųg IM injection of Ivermectin. He just laid in the new big and fluffy memory foam dog bed I bought him for 5-6 straight days just panting. I brought him fresh food and water, carried him out to go to the bathroom, carried him to my bed at night. Then he shook it off like a champ and was back to his old self. He's 14 or 15 now? So I'll just keep dosing him monthly with the ivermectin, just like it was a normal HW preventative. First dose kills all the eggs, larvae, and juvenile worms plus will sterilize the adult worms. As long as his lungs and liver can handle the stress of filtering and absorbing the dead worms, he'll keep on trucking until the cancer or heart failure get to be too much for him. I can't see spending $10k combined for chemo, heart worm treatment which is worse than chemo, and drugs for his heart.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Only KelTec I have is the S2K in basic black, paid $420 for it back in 2018, with an extra mag:

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

I did drill out the rear sight to approx 3/16" and it made it easier to sight thru (looks like I need to clean that ragged hole up a bit)
Gesture Wood Safety glove Personal protective equipment Strap

I replaced the plastic trigger guard, trigger, and springs with MCarbo parts, also put a quick release sling mount behind the castle nut (mine is plastic) and a piece of clear tubing on the bolt handle
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

The grip is off my HP 995!!!
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Last upgrade was this recoil pad made for the gun, also at some point added the Tacticool tube sleeve to keep from ripping out chin hairs
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I don't have much problem sighting thru it but some of my buds that have shot it did, especially ones with any kind of neck issues.

One of the don'ts...DON'T put your cheek on the release button on top of the butt. My golf pro did and after the first shot turned around with a trickle of blood down his cheek.

Mine takes Beretta 92FS mags, most of mine are 15rnd but I do have a fun stick when I want to burn up ammo.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
What's ya'll's opinion about the Kel-Tec Su-16 in 5.56mm?

Rerun
I personally don't like them. Kel-Tec in general just seem to be mde of cheap plastic. I love their designs and concepts. But I feel like they screw themselves with inferior materials. Then up charge the costumer.

·
Super Moderator
9,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I don’t really like KelTec except for the Rimfires. Just too much plastic. The PMR 30 I have updated with steel parts. The CP33 is running as is. As is the CMR 30. All of them run fine - as long as you feed them what they like. Basically they all like heavy bullets.

My desire for the P17 KelTec was satisfied by the Taurus TX. I bought the Competition model and liked it a lot. Bought the standard TX upper and liked it as well. So much that I bought a second complete standard model TX. don’t have a lot ammunition the rough either of them, maybe 1000 rounds through the TX Competion, 100 rounds through the Competition with the standard upper attached, and some 500 rounds through the second TX I bought, but all those rounds have been flawless.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
What's ya'll's opinion about the Kel-Tec Su-16 in 5.56mm?

Rerun
I owned one .a first gen. It was desert tan. I think my SU16 was a little ammo picky iirc. It was pretty novel. Super lightweight.folding stock. I sold it to a friend of mine. I think he sold it again shortly after he got it.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
I'd gladly get a 9mm gen2 carbine if the price was right. Too much glunk crap in my possession to not want a Suby

21 - 33 of 33 Posts