Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,031 Posts
I have a few like that. They work great while standing, but I dress semi-casual at work. It prints horribly when I sit. If I am wearing my Carhartt’s though, it doesn't print at all.

I prefer a leather, tuckable, fitted holster.

·
Super Moderator
10,031 Posts
Now does it the shape of the gun or just a square shape. Mine looks like phone or wallet. Either way we don't have any stupid law about printing.
We don’t have any laws about printing either.

Once the holster breaks in, it makes more of a triangle shape. It might not look like a gun, but it dosent look like a wallet either.

·
Super Moderator
10,031 Posts
Nope. Its a holster with a hole in it. Your reading into it.
I had to look it up as I could not believe that our government would consider a holster an NFA item. They don’t. The holster itself is not an AOW. However it becomes a NFA item and has to be stamped if a firearm is placed in it. Also looks like an issue if a wallet holster is sold with the knowledge that it was going to be used to create an NFA item.

From the below download;
  • A wallet holster alone is not subject to NFA controls and cannot be registered or transferred a- a firearm.
  • Mere sale or possession of the wallet holster without the handgun is not a violation of the NFA.
  • …sale or distribution of a wallet holster with knowledge that it will be used to make an unregistered NFA firearm may also place the seller or distributor of the holster in violation of the NFA.

there is ATF thoughts on it, at least in AUGUST OF 97’. State laws I am not going to take time to look up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts