Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
Your former home State, New York as well as neighboring States, NJ and RI, all three would jail you if you were found with the hole holster in your possession, with or without a firearm.

The holsters were for single stack pistols and two shot derringers - revolvers need not apply.

Rerun
Again, you are incorrect.
Article 265 Penal Law Firearms - Dangerous Weapons | NY Law
Here, find it in the law if you want, it'll be under "disguised guns". 265.02(6) They don't actually ban the holsters specifically, they ban the actual concealed firearm itself, and the paint jobs. Then they had to go back in and revise it AGAIN because TECHNICALLY a camouflage paint job is designed to conceal the firearm...

Because the holster itself isn't illegal until it's used to conceal the firearm and they can't prove "knowingly" or "intent" on an empty holster.

Edit: You can't fire an empty holster...

Font Screenshot Document Number Paper

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
Again, you are incorrect.
Article 265 Penal Law Firearms - Dangerous Weapons | NY Law
Here, find it in the law if you want, it'll be under "disguised guns". 265.02(6) They don't actually ban the holsters specifically, they ban the actual concealed firearm itself, and the paint jobs. Then they had to go back in and revise it AGAIN because TECHNICALLY a camouflage paint job is designed to conceal the firearm...

Because the holster itself isn't illegal until it's used to conceal the firearm and they can't prove "knowingly" or "intent" on an empty holster.
Same difference.

My friend, the sheriff's deputy, pointed out a memo they'd received from NJ DOJ, stated particulars about NY's position on the holsters and how NJ would follow their lead and arrest anyone who carried one.

Rerun

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
Same difference.

My friend, the sheriff's deputy, pointed out a memo they'd received from NJ DOJ, stated particulars about NY's position on the holsters and how NJ would follow their lead and arrest anyone who carried one.

Rerun
No, legally and by definition, it is NOT the same thing. Find me a Sheriff's Deputy, or any LEO, that can cite all of their own state's laws with 100% accuracy without the use of any references, let alone another state's.

I guess if we turned them in to memes on FB you might be able to post a fact or two...

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
No, legally and by definition, it is NOT the same thing. Find me a Sheriff's Deputy, or any LEO, that can cite all of their own state's laws with 100% accuracy without the use of any references, let alone another state's.

I guess if we turned them in to memes on FB you might be able to post a fact or two...
I'm sure that a whole lot of laws have changed in the 35 years since these holsters were first produced and legislated on by the three States listed.

Progress.

Rerun

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
I'm sure that a whole lot of laws have changed in the 35 years since these holsters were first produced and legislated on by the three States listed.

Progress.

Rerun
Look at how I even posted the most recent (2021 and 2022) revisions to that law...

Now back to your claim of "many" states banning them. You've named 3, I proved you wrong on one, with supporting documentation and referenced the Federal AOW "rule". What have you produced so far? An anecdote about a memo regarding a policy based on a state law I proved didn't exist?

I'll wait...

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
Look at how I even posted the most recent (2021 and 2022) revisions to that law...

Now back to your claim of "many" states banning them. You've named 3, I proved you wrong on one, with supporting documentation and referenced the Federal AOW "rule". What have you produced so far? An anecdote about a memo regarding a policy based on a state law I proved didn't exist?

I'll wait...
Or,
more than likely a State law that has been changed.

I'm just not interested into going dumpster diving for a law that once existed only to to be changed decades later.

The anecdote is all I have.

Somewhere I have copies of the American Survival Guide from the '80's.

The ads about the holster were there for all to see.

Rerun

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
Or,
more than likely a State law that has been changed.

I'm just not interested into going dumpster diving for a law that once existed only to to be changed decades later.

The anecdote is all I have.

Somewhere I have copies of the American Survival Guide from the '80's.

The ads about the holster were there for all to see.

Rerun
But see that's the problem! You just make these totally bullshit statements based on nothing but a vague memory! Stop making claims that aren't true. That's been the entire point of this little exercise. Back up your bullshit, or stop posting it.

Your whole 'in the 80's that specific holster was banned by everyone' is/was bullshit. NY's law about it has always been about disguised firearms, not the stupid wallet, and only been made more specific to include paint jobs resembling toy firearms.

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
But see that's the problem! You just make these totally bullshit statements based on nothing but a vague memory! Stop making claims that aren't true. That's been the entire point of this little exercise. Back up your bullshit, or stop posting it.

Your whole 'in the 80's that specific holster was banned by everyone' is/was bullshit. NY's law about it has always been about disguised firearms, not the stupid wallet, and only been made more specific to include paint jobs resembling toy firearms.
Except,
it's not made up bs.

There are more than 50, 000 gun laws on the books in the US today.

Many of those laws have been overwritten by newer versions.

My statement about the holster was true back in the '80's.

Just a couple of years ago, NY wrote new gun legislation banning magazines that held more than 7 rounds!

Then, they had to amend that law to allow law enforcement larger capacity magazines.

Rerun

·
Premium Member
36,856 Posts
Except,
it's not made up bs.
But it's still not and wasn't ever the reality, is it.

I use a version of the OP's holster for my TCP, my 365 will fit in it, but it's not a pocket carry in most of my pants. In some, it works.

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,167 Posts
But it's still not and wasn't ever the reality, is it.

I use a version of the OP's holster for my TCP, my 365 will fit in it, but it's not a pocket carry in most of my pants. In some, it works.
You're entitled to your opinion.

I ran an indoor range during the 1982 - 87 time period.
I handled 60% of the pistols and revolvers manufactured during the 1900's and even some made before 1900.
There was always discussions about firearms and their accessories - who made the best 'whatever'.
And,
thumb holsters were near the top of the ladder.
As well as the laws governing firearms.

NY and the many of the States of the corridor to the NE has always been a cess pool of corrupt gun control measures.

Penalizing Americans every chance they had.

It is still happening today.

Rerun

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion.

I ran an indoor range during the 1982 - 87 time period.
I handled 60% of the pistols and revolvers manufactured during the 1900's and even some made before 1900.
There was always discussions about firearms and their accessories - who made the best 'whatever'.
And,
thumb holsters were near the top of the ladder.
As well as the laws governing firearms.

NY and the many of the States of the corridor to the NE has always been a cess pool of corrupt gun control measures.

Penalizing Americans every chance they had.

It is still happening today.

Rerun
And you can't substitute anecdotes and here say as facts when I showed you the original wording of the law, AND the most recent revisions!

Our "opinion" is verifiable legal fact.

You are just wrong, period, and at this point in time you're acting like a troll. So moving forward, keep your fax to yourself unless you've got some evidence to support them.

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts

I kind of understand why the idea is there. I mean, NY's position, as I understand it, is "well, you can have this holster, you just can't use it as a holster and if you do, we'll fall on you like the hammer of Thor." So, technically, the holster is "legal" but if you can't use it as anything but a display piece, what's they point of having it? In effect, they've made it illegal without technically making it illegal.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
I kind of understand why the idea is there. I mean, NY's position, as I understand it, is "well, you can have this holster, you just can't use it as a holster and if you do, we'll fall on you like the hammer of Thor." So, technically, the holster is "legal" but if you can't use it as anything but a display piece, what's they point of having it? In effect, they've made it illegal without technically making it illegal.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
But the holster, the item he specifically said is illegal, is not banned or illegal. The "many" states that he claims to have specifically banned that particular style of holster is now down to two. Even the federal guideline says maybe...

So now we have two massively incorrect and unsubstantiated claims being made by someone who's only supporting statements are along the lines of, "it was a long time ago" and "well a guy i knew in passing said he saw a memo once about something he had no idea about."

I know ou wouldn't allow that kind of half-assed malarkey fly if someone was having a discourse with you about something. Don't turn in to Captain Save-a-Scrub on me now. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
But the holster, the item he specifically said is illegal, is not banned or illegal. The "many" states that he claims to have specifically banned that particular style of holster is now down to two. Even the federal guideline says maybe...

So now we have two massively incorrect and unsubstantiated claims being made by someone who's only supporting statements are along the lines of, "it was a long time ago" and "well a guy i knew in passing said he saw a memo once about something he had no idea about."

I know ou wouldn't allow that kind of half-assed malarkey fly if someone was having a discourse with you about something. Don't turn in to Captain Save-a-Scrub on me now. :ROFLMAO:
Quiet you! I'm angling for a Futurama reference!

Vertebrate Cartoon World Organism Mammal

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
Well, I mean, I am....

Does this mean I should limber up? They did just add break dancing to the Olympics. Limbo is next....

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
Look up 26 U.S.C. section 5845(e) of the NFA.
He's calling bullshit on rerun saying "many states" banned the holsters specifically and will throw you in jail just for having it.

I covered the ATF's "rule" making them an AOW.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,170 Posts
Look up 26 U.S.C. section 5845(e) of the NFA.
If you want to join in. Please post the entire part of the section of said law. Why do I have to do the homework on a false statement made by another. And that was already proven wrong by not applying to the subject.

·
Super Moderator
26,173 Posts
If you want to join in. Please post the entire part of the section of said law. Why do I have to do the homework on a false statement made by another. And that was already proven wrong by not applying to the subject.
At least he posted the relevant federal code....?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts