Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If you want to join in. Please post the entire part of the section of said law. Why do I have to do the homework on a false statement made by another. And that was already proven wrong by not applying to the subject.
You said you found nothing so I figured you were searching.
A holster of that type would basically be like a Cain gun or a briefcase gun with giving the appearance of something other than a gun with the ability to fire a round.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,124 Posts
At least he posted the relevant federal code....?
No idea. I'm not going to comb through it. If he's not going to make a effort.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,124 Posts
You said you found nothing so I figured you were searching.
A holster of that type would basically be like a Cain gun or a briefcase gun with giving the appearance of something other than a gun with the ability to fire a round.
Nope. Its a holster with a hole in it. Your reading into it.

·
Super Moderator
10,031 Posts
Nope. Its a holster with a hole in it. Your reading into it.
I had to look it up as I could not believe that our government would consider a holster an NFA item. They don’t. The holster itself is not an AOW. However it becomes a NFA item and has to be stamped if a firearm is placed in it. Also looks like an issue if a wallet holster is sold with the knowledge that it was going to be used to create an NFA item.

From the below download;
  • A wallet holster alone is not subject to NFA controls and cannot be registered or transferred a- a firearm.
  • Mere sale or possession of the wallet holster without the handgun is not a violation of the NFA.
  • …sale or distribution of a wallet holster with knowledge that it will be used to make an unregistered NFA firearm may also place the seller or distributor of the holster in violation of the NFA.

there is ATF thoughts on it, at least in AUGUST OF 97’. State laws I am not going to take time to look up.

·
Administrator
29,229 Posts
Well, I mean, I am....

Does this mean I should limber up? They did just add break dancing to the Olympics. Limbo is next....
Hermes Conrad, Olympic Limbo champion.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Look up 26 U.S.C. section 5845(e) of the NFA.
(e) Any other weapon. --The term “any other weapon” means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire.  Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.

The holster is not capable of discharging a shot by itself, therefore under the NFA the holster itself is not considered an AOW. Only when combined with a firearm it could be argued that it is an AOW. However... if you read (e) in its entirety you notice that if the pistol or revolver has a rifled bore it is exempted.

·
Super Moderator
26,103 Posts
<insert shocked face>
What is this you say? I've been right this entire time when I pointed out that a holster can't be an AOW or get you thrown in jail IMMEDIATELY in so many many different states? And you're saying that if the knucklehead that had initially made such a ludicrous statement in the first place simply paid attention to what I was saying and done the simple ask of reading the state law I posted and the federal "rule" I referenced this could have all been avoided? What!? Impossibru!!!

Future reference, just because I'm an asshole, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Reactions: FlashBang

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,156 Posts
<insert shocked face>
What is this you say? I've been right this entire time when I pointed out that a holster can't be an AOW or get you thrown in jail IMMEDIATELY in so many many different states? And you're saying that if the knucklehead that had initially made such a ludicrous statement in the first place simply paid attention to what I was saying and done the simple ask of reading the state law I posted and the federal "rule" I referenced this could have all been avoided? What!? Impossibru!!!

Future reference, just because I'm an asshole, doesn't mean I'm wrong.
So we're both arseholes - me for not knowing the link between the holster AND firearm and you for the gentle way you 'corrected' my ignorance.

I apologize for my ignorance.

Thank you for guiding me to the light.

Respectfully,

Rerun

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Back in the eighties, a wallet holster was available for pocket .22's, .25's, and really small .32's.
The pistol fit inside the fabric/leather and had a trigger hole.
You drew the entire holster and fired the pistol unimpeeded by the holster.

For some reason, many States outlawed their use.

Rerun
Never mind, I’m backing out of this debate...

• Haha
Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Too late!

Please input your knowledge on these holsters.

Rerun
Others already wrote what I would have.

I tried to delete my post, but just can’t find a way to do that.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,124 Posts
Others already wrote what I would have.

I tried to delete my post, but just can’t find a way to do that.
Why worry about it. Just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. Mole does it every day on every platform.

·
Premium Member
36,825 Posts
Front pocket carry, usually.
I do the same thing when the spider senses are on, and move the wallet to the front.

My habit is car keys left front, wallet left rear, phone left cargo area; leaving the right hand free for other things, but in places where I’m on alert, the wallet goes right front. Which is normally where I carry my pocket gun, if I am not carrying IWB.
So if I AM pocket carrying, the wallet goes right front, and the pocket gun goes right rear, like a wallet. But if I know I’m going to those types of places, I usually carry IWB anyway, so the right front is free for my wallet.
I tend to carry my knives strong side as well. On the belt, or clipped into the right front pocket if it’s empty. I don’t consider them as self defense items, I’m too old and untrained to fight with a knife, and weak side carry is for operators.

Reactions: Troubleshooter

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,156 Posts
It depends on what I'm carrying
  • small semiautomatic pistols usually go into my rear pockets;
  • revolvers fit my front pockets purty well.

Spare ammunition goes into opposite pockets.

Two to three speed loaders for revolvers and usually only a spare magazine for the semiautos.

Rerun

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
The postal service dropped of the Allen spiderweb holster today that my wife got me for an early birthday gift. I do like it, but it only works great with some pockets and others not so much. I mostly wear Wrangler jeans and uniform pants and it works great with those, but some of my cargo shorts have deeper pockets and are narrower at the opening and I will never use this holster with them.

·
Premium Member
22,137 Posts
I quit carrying my wallet in my back pockets back in 1980. My LCP Max is behind my wallet in that flimsy turd Ruger provided holster. Can't do that in jeans. Then it is wallet only.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts