Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since im going out to the range i figured lets see how good it can shoot. I have a bunch of commercial ammo and some handloads that ive been told shoot very well. Im going to be benchresting another new rifle anyway but i might have gotten the scopes mixed up. :D

The other got a 2.75 fixed power 30mm long eye relief. Ncstar with rings from Optic Planet for $65. Its a bit hard to find a 30mm long eye relief scout scope. It will be going on the 995 with my Burris long relief mount later.

Do you think this 4x16x40 green/red mildot scope will be over kill?

CenterPoint with illuminated dual color recticle, target turrets, lens caps and parallax focus for only $70 including rings at WM...i hate giving them my money but i couldnt pass this one up.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
yes its wayyy too big. Doesn't look right IMO.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just have it on there temporarily and its a tri rail, one on each side too. Im thinking about removing the barrel rail and using the side rails instead but its a bit too heavy. I was taking some measurements mostly and it did fit me better using a rail mounted grip or low bipod without extending the legs. Its coming off after the range session.

I have a Burris mount in 30mm with a little forward extension and a top rail too. The Ncstar scout scope and a laser will be going on the Burris mount later.

This is the scope mount solution i settled on when im not using red dot or halo type site. The CenterPoint is going one my my larger rifles, just thought it would be fun to see how well it will shoot at 50yards with a variety of ammo before i install the long eye relief 2.75X

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I have one of the center points from wally world on a 30-06 It is dialed in at 300yards. I have no issues with it. I have shot it in 85-negative 40 temps with out any issues. I love em! Kinda like HP you cant beat the price.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With that telescope you going to be looking at something
that the bullet from the 995 will never see.
I agree, that why i said its only being used for 1 session at 50yards to test some ammo on a benchrest. Im getting old enough that at 50yards im really close to needing a spotting scope between shots. This works great for a temporary test and i can focus at 50yards at max magnification. Its going on my Winchester Apex with a 30" barrel to replace the 3x9 for "ringing" some steel at 150-200yards.

The Burris mount and a 2.75X fixed 30mm scout scope will be installed soon. Hopefully the halo or laser will mount to the top of the Burris mount without any problems. At 75yards i can rapid fire with a halo type sight at a steel gong and ring it almost every time. Not the best accuracy test but tons of fun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Too funny, as others have posted and I know you are well aware. It is obviously to large, but hey I have seen worse when "trying" things out. Like the thread a few pages back with the pistol grade Ka-Bar bayonet attached.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
Gosh, a scope like that in Alaska - you can probably see Russia from there!

Anybody got a good "maximum distance accuracy" for a Red Dot on a 995?
I personaly can get to the 100 yd line with the red dot on mine....but thats me.....I get a good 2" group at 100......ymmv

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.