Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On life...

I don't know why, but I just don't care about what happens to me. I take stupid risks, do stupid things. Had too many calls that weren't close enough. I continue to do stupid things, even today.

I have the whole world ahead of me, through grants and scholarships I've basically been handed a free ride through medical school. I've had job offers(recently) that I've turned just because I don't want to wake up early or waste my night working.

I have cool guns, a cool truck, a pet alligator(how many people can say that?) I've won so many awards through writing and speech. I've traveled the world, I've seen more than people who are double my age. I get more strange than I have stamina for.

I just...don't care.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yup, sounds like you need to find a purpose in life.

Might I suggest doing some volunteer work at maybe the local soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Nothing cures a person more than giving of yourself to help out others. Just a suggestion.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
It's easy to feel that way, I haven't done half of that stuff but until I met my fiance I didn't really care about anything. She changed a lot of things for me. I don't know what you need to find to make it seem like you have a purpose, but I'm sure it's there. If nothing else you make HPFF an interesting place lol.

EDIT: btw did you ever find your recovery stuff for your PC?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Masso, I have been there and I know it sucks. So if you ever wanna ramble just send me a PM. Only advise I can give yah is keep going it will change like it or not everything does eventually. After getting married and adpting my oldest son Jonathan my life perspective (sp) change dramatically then being there as my second was born (no I didn't watch the process) it changed again I won't lie and tell you it made life 100% sunshine and gumdrops but it did make me actually start thinking about some one else other then myself. Now with the 3rd child I don't have the time of day to even check to see how I feel about anything I just try to get through the day lol. Anyway, just let me know if there is anything on your mind you want to pick and Ill get a hook that will reach.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EDIT: btw did you ever find your recovery stuff for your PC?
I don't know, my sister did something...it seems to work now.

Yup, sounds like you need to find a purpose in life.

Might I suggest doing some volunteer work at maybe the local soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Nothing cures a person more than giving of yourself to help out others. Just a suggestion.
I don't care about anyone else, let alone want to help them.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I don't know, my sister did something...it seems to work now.
Whatever works, glad to here it's back again.

I don't care about anyone else, let alone want to help them.
lol wow, as terrible as it sounds I feel that same way so many times I just have to give you kudos for that one.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well OK, so here some tough love. At 23 you better get it together, even if it means seeking professional or spiritual help or you'll never see 33 ! What a depressing thread, I'm out of here. YIKES !

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's these forums dude!!!

They make you the crazies!!! They've about sucked half my respect for humanity out in just a few weeks!

Get away from these forums! At least for a little bit.

Go pinch a pretty girl. Wrestle with a dog. Fish! Help a homeless person. Go to an old folks home and listen to their stories.
Go to the cancer ward of a childrens hospital and tell them stories. Some of them won't get to see the outside again in their lifetime. Let alone globe trotting.

I'm stuck here cause I feel I have to use these forums as "Advance Recon" to know what I need to identify the "nutters" in my own area! LOL
That was a joke. I already have files on all the nutters in my local area! LOL :devilsidesmile:

Go talk at a deaf person and then act offended when they sign at you!

Go find one of those wandering nutjobs who is screamin and yellin on the sidewalk around town, and follow them around pretending to write it all down.

Rush into the wal-mart with your cell phone held to your head and grab a cart, and rush to the tampon isle and just start scooping whole shelves of tampons into the basket yelling into the phone, " I KNOW HONEY I KNOW JUST HOLD ON A LITTLE LONGER I DON'T KNOW PINCH IT!!!"
And then say "What do you mean false alarm"... get angry and walk out of the store.

Suck it up buttercup! There's lots of stuff to do. Givin up is for the French!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Shit masso none of that is strange, you are just waiting for your calling. You should find yourself lucky to have this feeling of restlessness now. You seem though to be effected by good fortune, and good fortune does not mean you have to be happy or give a crap about anything really. Me personally, I am most happy when I am under pressure. I think it is just because I see immediate results to my efforts because I am paying a little more attention maybe..

Anywho, there is no sense feeling bad about feeling bad or feeling sad about being lost or not giving a crap. You need to just be in tune with your daily missions in life rather then try to look at everything in the big picture. The big picture is really just a guideline because there are to many things that can influence it down the line. Even though that old saying "take one day at a time" is corny, old and reminds me of something my mother would say, it really is a helpful way to look at things.

You named 3 things that are pretty good things to focus on when the other things you have in life going on are unappealing.

Pick one thing on your truck, start off with something small like ..i dunno taking adding some kc lights or fog lights or something. Plan to do the job in 7 days, but in between that 7 days use every day as a prep day for day 7 "the work day".

Then rate yourself to see how you did, what did you forget, why did you forget to grab a 1/4 metal drill bit or why is the battery on the drill not charged up lol.

Doing shit like that takes the hum drum out of the daily grind. For example..the weekend I made my soapstone grips for my c9. It was just something odd and out of the ordinary to plan and do to kind of take the boring or of the normal routine.

Heck those guys above have some great ideas to keep you filling in the boredom voids. Appreciate the small things for awhile and you will see the the bigger things will have much more meaning to you after awhile.

·
1,792 Posts
Suck it up Frances.

As in ya aint got it so bad. Visit a VA hospital some time. Ya aint got to care for them at all even after seeing people worse off then yourself.

Who earned a better shake at life, instead were dealt a Crap hand. Yet you'll see most are far from giving up.

No offense ( Why did I even Read this thread and respond?? ) But IMHO that was a week rant by a big PU**Y!!!

Quit and your sure never to win, B*tch and your sure to look like a mamma's boy crying your sob story for some attention to people who been there done that and then some and Yet never sat back and cried about it.

Now outside of my opinion. An alligator??????? Now your talking Home defense Pet. At least the fear factor alone......

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Man far be it from me to act like I have a solution, but from just some of your post it seems like you have a a lot of things given to you, or come by them easily. Maybe give up some of those things, get a job (few hours a week since you're in school) and see how those material things really didn't matter and that few hours a week with the tiny little paycheck for actually doing something makes you feel (proud).

As for myself, I was up, then I came crashing down to earth quicker than space debris...and finally after taking the right advice and reaching out for right helping hands I'm on the way back up. Thus is life, it's a work in progress.

Bottom line is, you have got find something that instills pride in yourself.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Look man this isn't the place to find purpose in life, like they have suggested get involved with something larger than yourself be it God, politics, charity, or whatever. Above all go talk to someone you normally wouldn't that is in the position to offer some suggestion. This is as touchy feely as I get so good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Look man this isn't the place to find purpose in life, like they have suggested get involved with something larger than yourself be it God, politics, charity, or whatever. Above all go talk to someone you normally wouldn't that is in the position to offer some suggestion. This is as touchy feely as I get so good luck.
Aww come one Rhodes, don't you know warm fuzzies are better than cold pricklies!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Aww come one Rhodes, don't you know warm fuzzies are better than cold pricklies!!
Honestly given how things might play out I try very hard not to have a warm fuzzy feeling. Not in my nature anyway just ask my ex.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Ha! thanks dude, I needed a laugh...though now I hate you cause laughing makes my throat hurt like...well it f'n hurts.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Maaso You need some motivation and I'M gonna motivate.

GET YOUR HAIRY UGLY LAZY BUTT OUTTA BED!!!! MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!

DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 20 !!!!

WHAT?? You need MORE motivation OK here you go!!!

There do you feel better NOW!!! :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry forum, just been a bad week...bad news after bad news after bad news, followed by bad news.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Please accept this in the spirit in which it is given. Not looking for a debate or challenge, but have you considered the fact that you appear to have surrounded yourself with nothing but darkness and that that could be the impetus of all the negativity. If you are sending out negative, dark energy, what did you expect would be the result?

Try life in the light! It may not always be a bed of roses, but darkness feed off of darkness but it cannot survive in the light.

I cared enough to offer my two cents. Bulldog

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Final thought...you were not meant for darkness. Noone finds peace or happiness in the darkness. You may have been "raised in the light" but you need to find the light for yourself. What someone else's version may have not fit your personality and you didn't feel it fit you. But, I think if you search for a place that better suits your personality, you might feel more comfortable in the light.

What can it hurt? The darkness doesn't appear to be working for ya! I hope you'll give it some thought.Bulldog

1 - 20 of 21 Posts