Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share a few things. First is a pic of my JHP with attached light. The light is like the two shorter flashlights in the foreground. They are single AA Mini Maglites with 3LED's. They are about 2" shorter than the standard Mini Mag in between but still throw a nice bright beam. LED's are very versatile. The second pic is my C9 with light attached to a Weaver mount installed on the bottom of the magazine. I think the lanyards are kind of neat too. I just thought I'd share.

Attachments

G

·
pretty cool. you said the light is attached to the weaver mount instead of the bottom of the mag? please explain...this looks like something that ive bee wanting to do at least one of my c9's.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Weaver base is attached to the bottom of the C9 magazine with screws (I think 6x40) packaged with the base. I forget which bases I used but they were the shortest 2 piece bases Weaver makes. If the base is too long it must trimmed otherwise it won't lay flat. As far as the slip on grip, it's a plain old Houge as far as I know. I bought two from Allegheny Trade Company in Duncansville, Pa. I actually thought the coolest things were the single AA Mini Maglites.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the setup. Now I just have to go buy 3 weaver mounts and 3 flashlights. Although if your shooting at someone and drop the light/mag out it may confuse them also. Maybe they'll think you've gone prone. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I only use the light setup when I'm night fishing for cats. I think it may be a bit cumbersome to use in a combat situation. Besides I just like to play. The light on the C9 is a "tactical" light I bought at Home Depot housed in an old Weaver ring. It's not one of the Mini Mags, that's on the JHP.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
cool stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.