I Thought There Was a "Whatcha Drink'n" Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

One office party, back in the middle 1980's, we twelve, drank the entire stock of 20 oz bottles of Won Ton beer from a Chinese restaurant in Washington, DC NW.

We were so shytfaced that several afternoon meetings had to be rescheduled.

Good beer, tho!

eldar

Rabidwookie and fatal-bert33 like this.
  2. Me too.

Many, many weekends during my Sophomore & Junior were complete binges, with porcelain bowel worship and complete blackouts. Then one day I looked in the mirror and said "oh, man, I feel like total shit, two dozen camels must've walked through my mouth". My reflection replied back "And you look like absolute hell too!"

I stopped drinking booze for a long time.

Rabidwookie and EvilE424 like this.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I quit drinking for a long time because I was getting out of hand with it. 3 years later I sat down with a friend and drank an 18-pack, by myself, in under an hour, then proceeded to drain a 750ml bottle of Jack one shot at a time. Finished an entire case of beer and bottle of Whiskey by myself in a matter of a few hours after 3 years of not touching alcohol. Didn't drink again for a couple more years.

My problem has always been the fact that I have the tolerance of an alcoholic. Same goes for drugs. Always have had a high tolerance for those as well.

My last angioplasty took 2 surgeons using 3 entry points and they still almost had to call in a thoracic surgeon to crack my chest because they had maxed out the amount of fentanyl and sedatives they could safely administer to someone my size. I kept waking up during the procedure then tried to sit up so I could watch it on their monitors. I remember doing it, but not being the one at the stick.

I woke up after the procedure, disconnected my IV's, silenced all the alarms on my machine, put my street clothes back on, ordered lunch, and called Traci while I reconnected the IV's. The nurse came in astounded I was even awake, let alone functional and AO/3. They had to get medical clearance during the procedure to overdose me in a last ditch effort to put me back down and have a second anesthesiologist on standby with naloxone in case I crashed.

I thought it had been hours since the angioplasty. It had only been 30 minutes. I also have a tendency to react violently after surgeries or if you wake me up suddenly when I'm intoxicated. I sent a couple of nurses and orderlies to the ER when I came to after my ear/throat/skull surgery.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  4. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Trying this out. Not bad! PXL_20210112_210937903.jpg

Dagwood likes this.
  5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Sure have a $12 beer when Im working. Now I'm sad.

Rabidwookie, EvilE424 and OldOutlaw like this.
  6. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I am going to have to look for that one! Started an unusual can collection to help decorate the outdoor kitchen/brewery and that one would fit in well!

Rabidwookie likes this.
  7. moona11

Junkyard Brewery from Moorhead

8. Rachgier

A friend of mine recently told me that empty bottles and cans aren't a collection, they're a monument to your alcoholism.

:rotfl::cheers:

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

LOL Old days yes, now I drink 2-3 beers because I enjoy them, and they work as a muscle relaxer without all the nasty side effects of the drugs they tried on me

Rabidwookie and EvilE424 like this.
  10. moona11

Thats what all alcoholics say.

Rabidwookie and FlashBang like this.
  11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Been sippin whiskey lately. Got some Glenlivet 12yr Scotch. Really good. I'm not much of a drinker so I couldn't tell ya what good scotch really is, but this one is cheap enough and works for me. Any suggestions on good whiskey to try would be greatly appreciated. Taking up drinking was kinda one of my resolutions. haha

Rabidwookie likes this.
  12. moona11

I like Irish whiskey, bourbons and so forth. Hate scotch. Jameson and it many vintages, Basil Haden is a decent whiskey. I like most with water and ice.

Rabidwookie, Dagwood and EvilE424 like this.
  13. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

They have tons of cool cans!!!

Rabidwookie likes this.
  14. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Makers Mark is a good sipping whiskey.

Rabidwookie and Dagwood like this.
  15. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Damn, i had a high tolerance when i used to drink, but nothing anywhere near that.

16. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Johnny Walker Blue or Gold label, if you like GOOD Scotch. If it doesn’t really matter, then try Ushers Green Stripe (if they still make it) that shits so generic, that it should have a solid white label that just says Scotch.

17. Rachgier

Still have a high tolerance too. My bar stocks the 22oz bottles and I can usually drink 6 or 8 of those a night along with just as many doubles of whiskey.

I'm the worst kind of alcoholic, apparently. A social binge drinker.