Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

I took my new Pardner Protector to the range yesterday

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Zer0DazE 
#1 ·
I will not lie, I had AN issue with it. FTF. Just about every other round. I didn't have much time to spend at the range , because the grand kids were in So I will take it back to the range and try it again. It may have been my fault, or because I just took it out of the box or maybe because I took the dow rod out of the feed tube and didn't set the spring back in place just right. That's why I am willing to give it another try.

#6 ·
Then you got lucky. I hate it when people come up here and start complaining about their brand new guns not working properly, and they haven't even bothered to take it apart and clean it. :mad:

I picked up a used 870 slug gun yetsterday. It was perfectly clean when I got it. I spent over an hour tearing it down and cleaning it, even though it didn't need it.

#10 ·
I think it would be an excellent opportunity to teach the grandkids how to clean a shotgun.
Also remind them they should clean them before taking them to the range.

Your hi-point also had packing grease, and metal flakes from manufacturing in it.

These are assembly line pieces, not 1 off gunsmith specials. There isn't a guy cleaning them before packing them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.