Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story, but I was in Mansfield and had time to kill yesterday. First thing that crossed my mind- GO SEE HP!!

Drove past the place a few times because I wasn't sure it was HP- NO business listing, just 4 buildings lumped together at a gravel driveway. 1015. Yup, it's it.

I drove around all of the buildings, and tried opening the doors. Locked. OK...

Went back to the front building and pulled in (see attached pic) and a guy jumped out. "Need your Hi-Point repaired?" he asked. "Nope, just killing time and wanted to see where my favorite toys are made."

"Oh, well, we don't get a lot of visitors, but you can come in."

"So, do you have that new stock...."

"Right over here. This is a prototype on a .40 carbine. It's a little heavier than what's going into production next month."

And that's when I touched it. Man, the quality was unbelievable. Retractable stock, felt like an AR-15 in my hand.

"Really, for sure next month?" I asked. "Right now, that's the plan. We're getting all the parts together right now to start production next month finally. And here's one not on the carbine- see, it will retrofit the old ones!"

And like a smiling idiot, I thanked him and left. Oh, and this guy did not have a mullet :)

Attachments

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Sounds like you J***** in your Pants.... ;)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Retractable?? Now that would be different..(in a cool kinda way) From the pics I've seen they did
nt look retractable. You should've snapped a few quick pics, but then again you were probably too busy wipeing all the droll off your mug. :D

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I took another quick peek at it and it looks as tho the butt may be adjustable by a couple inches?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took another quick peek at it and it looks as tho the butt may be adjustable by a couple inches?
Probably adjusted about 6-8 inches, similar to a Tapco. VERY smooth. I need to look at the pic again to make sure it was the same one I held.....
***EDIT***
SAME GUN as in pics! To verify, the butt does extend!!

I didn't get a tour, I I was in there for about as long as the conversation was above. He told me if I need parts I could drive around back and call HP directly and they would let me in. Too much effort, and I only had a few minutes to kill.

And you didn't get a pic????? Did you ask about the 4595???
He was secretive to begin with. I really didn't know if I should play the dumb kiddy or the informed HP addict. He did light up when I knew about the stock, but that's really all we talked about, not the 4595.

I touched it!!!!!
just be careful, if you play with it to much, you will go blind ;)
Are we still talking about the carbine???!?

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
Hmmm, I guess it is adjustable, interesting!

How was the finish of the stock? was it polymer or ABS/Synthetic/Fiberglass? any visible seams? how was the weight?

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I will be buying a new carbine complete with the new stock, no retrofit needed here :D

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Don't hold your breath too long. We've all heard of release dates before.....

This sighting is better then any bigfoot sighting I've heard of yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.