I want a 9mm HiPoint

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by peterthefish, Oct 15, 2015.

1. peterthefish

peterthefish Member

But can't find one at a gun store near me? Anyone to find who carries them? I asked at two local stores and the counter monkeys just blew me off.

Do they only make compact 9s or is there a full size too? Or if I want a full size do I need a .40?

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The C9 is a "compact", sort of... it is a big compact, 3.5" barrel with a big, relatively heavy
    overall weight. CF380 is the exact same size. The "Full Size" Hi Point pistols are the JCP in
    40 S&W (10 rounds) and the JHP in 45 ACP, (9 rounds)

http://www.terrehauteguns.com/handguns/manufacturer.php?Category=Handguns&Manufacturer=Hi-Point

"My Place" (where I have bought 9 HPs) has great prices, clicky-da-linky and you will see!

$133 to $147 cash or card, and they ship pretty reasonably. Melvin will be along with S.O.G.
    (Southern Ohio Gun, I believe) which may be a bit less, ($5 maybe?) but not sure about
    their shipping prices. The C9 is pretty reliable these days, but the JCP and JHP have always
    been almost 100% reliable out of the box, less reported problems of any of the pistols.
    JCP/JHP are the "Full Size", you are correct. I've had all of them, 9-40-45 and all the
    carbines. Great Stuff!

3. try the big box sports stores...

except academy...they suck.

4. Find a local gun dealer.Do a search online.Many FFL's out there.Better service and you deal with knowledgeable people.
    You can always buy online what you want and have it shipped there.Ask what the transfer fee is.Add tax and your set.

5. undeRGRound

INDY
    We have a Gouger Mountain, which Sucks,
    and we have a new Academy in town, opens Nov. 15th...
    What to do? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused::wah:

6. undeRGRound

INDY
    What city are you in?
    (or near)

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

We dont know where you are. How can we help you locate a place that carries them?

8. "GOUGER MOUNTAIN' ..and if they don't gouge ya,they'll say "we sold out of those,but we have these".....and 'these' always cost more....:wah:

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The only FULL size 9mm Hi Point made was the JF-9, Good Luck finding one of those?

Attached Files:

10. peterthefish

peterthefish Member

I tried two local stores. They are the ones that blew me off. Cabinets full of HKs and Glocks and Dan Wessons but no HiPoints and can't be bothered about them. Don't wanna buy online I want to check one in the flesh first. No tax on transfers but after shipping and transfer fees it adds up.

Providence RI

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Checkout Rock Creek Outdoors, free shipping for forum members.

LINK

12. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Try Kentuckygunco.com, they are $139 free shipping, my transfers are $10 so....

13. peterthefish

peterthefish Member

Thanks I tried that one of the dealers listed is one that blew me off but will try a couple more today. I guess I might have to buy before I try...

14. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Mole don't go into Academy you will spend all your money on ammo the monarch prices will cause you to have a heart attack. :)

15. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Maybe you can fine a member in your area to let you try before buying??

16. peterthefish....... if you're in central florida I'd be more than willing to let you try mine before you buy one

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    Is that cuz it's a GOOD Price or really really High?

My heart is FINE, i'm a very healthy Mole! :p

18. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Tula 223 55gr hp for 6.49 a box. Monarch 9mm brass 11.99 so on and so forth.