Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

I want a low cost high quality shotty...

5K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  SR33 practical tactical 
#1 ·
Any tips on makers and models to look at? Whatever the opposite of a gun snob is....that is me. I love inexpensive quality, best BANG for my buck. That's why I love HP. Only own 3 guns and have paid less than $350 total for all of them. Ruger 10/22 was left to me by my grandpa, C9 was 139 NIB, and Firestorm .22LR was $200.

Now I want a shotgun to add to the family.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
So, Joe, did you ever decide on one?
No, but not for the lack of input. I really appreciate you guys and your knowledge. Right now I am leaning toward a Mossberg Maverick, but I also want something that I can keep and use for years to come. My brother has a Maverick he "shortened" and I like it fine. I'm just not sure its for me. I've got nothing against evil black, but there is just something about a real wood stock that makes me feel good.

With a 15yo daughter at home, I guess wood or synthetic doesn't matter. Both look equally nasty when you're a 15yo boy on the other side of the door and a 6-5 330 pound dad is answering the door with it.

Am I right to assume that natural wood, is gonna add to the price tag? I guess I could look them up myself, but I love getting all of your input.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
again I risk showing my ignorance...but what would be the advantages and/or disadvantages of a 12g vs say a 20g?

I am a new firearms addict. Got my first gun, my grandpa's 10/22 for Christmas. Have added a HP 380, sold that and got a C9 when I found out the cost difference in ammo, then picked up a Firestorm .22.

Why did I share all that? I dont know other than to say I'm hooked, and still learning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.