Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And by that, I want the crisp, perfect trigger like revolvers have. You know, the SA pull is "right there" you dont have a 1/4" of slop to take up before ignition. There isnt any slop on a revolver, once you touch the trigger, its there...

Why cant an auto have a perfect trigger like a revolver?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at my Taurus today, and they use a link...I call it an ecentric. To conect the trigger to the action. Maybe they have to do that to clear the mags...who knows.

I know I just want me some damn good trigger for my auto. My 1911 has a decent trigger...but it has that "slop" in it. They says its nessicary for the trigger to reset, but if a revolver can get away with it, then an auto should be able to aswell.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
it has to do with the gemoetry of the trigger compononets and the design of the gun from a revo to an auto. an auto has more parts to perform the same action and the parts are moving in different directions with different forces acting on them. revolvers have better triggers than autos becuase in a revo the trigger can work directly on the sear of the hammer where in an auto it has to go through intermediate parts. yes autos can have good to excellent triggers, but they will never be what a top notch revolver trigger is.

SW

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
...yes autos can have good to excellent triggers, but they will never be what a top notch revolver trigger is...
Then you have never experienced a "top notch" auto trigger. I'll put my Scoremaster up against any revolver trigger, which I have had, too (S&W Model 29-2).

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
my colt trooper target is about is good as it gets unless you move into competetion grade guns like my old hammerli single shot. and yes i have felt a top notch auto trigger. i used to have a lou horton custom colt gold cup .45 commader. my trooper is better.

SW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts