I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Mordecai, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

[​IMG]

The civilian version of the TDI KRISS Super V .45ACP submachine gun, the TDI KRISS Vector CRB/SO Tactical System. I have a little over 30k in CDs in the bank that I get on my 18th birthday, come then, I'm definitely picking one of these up.

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/content/view/34/14/

Anyways, what are your alls opinions? Have any of you heard of this company? The only thing I'm worried about is reliability, since its a very complex system.

The basic will sale for $2,395 plus $45 for shipping and handling. I'm guessing the tactical will be a little less than $3000.

2. Honestly, spend maybe $800 instead completely tricking out a Sub-2000, and put the rest back in the bank. I had some money I got at your age, spent it, and am now wishing to heck I hadn't.

3. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

The rest will go into a $10,000 US Treasury Bond, and different mutual funds, spending $3,000 out of $30,000, not counting my $16,000 sign on bonus with the US Navy, is no big deal. Especially with all the enjoyment, entertainment, and personal protection it will offer. Plus it will be my main SHTF weapon.

Now, may I get some opinions on the actual firearm? Who else likes it? Who else wants one? Who else is actually considering getting one?

Plus the Sub-2000 is just ugly compared to the Kriss, the Kriss is such a beautiful firearm.

4. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

If it were given to me Id pimp it but 3,000 is a lot bit to rich for my blood.

5. I guess I miss the appeal of subguns in semi auto. If thats your thing, knock yourself out.

6. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

I saw a video on this weapon. This thing has an awesome recoil mech. This is said to be one of the most "controllable" .45 subs on the market due to it's unique recoil design.

7. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

+1 for Onepoint. I think that sub guns should be automatic if that is the price tag. It's a neat firearm. The idea behind it is good. But if you like it, go for it.

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

its meant to be a pistol caliber carbine for the civilian market, and I pefer that, though is a full-auto version if released for $5,000 or less to the civilian market before I pick up this one, I'll probably get it.

Also, this is now making me consider picking up a Glock 21 as my main carry instead, due to the fact of magazine interchangeability, that would be quite useful in a SHTF situation.

9. Actually if money isn't an issue I'd pay the license fees and get yourself a full auto firearm.

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Well, they haven't released a full auto version yet, and if doesn't have the 16" barrel I won't want it, as I want the increased accuracy the longer barrel offers. Where can I find info on obtaining the class 3 license?

11. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

A full auto gun would probably cost $15,000, thats ridiculous, I'll stick with semi-auto, thank you very much.

12. They had a good write up on this in SWAT magazine.

that is one fancy recoil mec....... Wonder how it will hold up???

13. You *can* still find Mac10s or Uzi's with civilian transferable papers for around 3-5k. They aren't as wild looking as the gun in the OP but they are real full auto guns.

14. neothespian

neothespian Member

15. +1

16. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Yeah, good luck finding one of those for sale to the civilian market?

Besides, I think the V will serve my purposes as a SHTF weapon better.

Being a .45, it will have the necessary knockdown power.
    Also, being a .45, them ammo is interchangeable with my sidearm, and if I get a Glock 21, even the mags will be interchangeable.
    The recoil system allows smaller shooters, such as my fiance, or any future children we may have, use the gun.
    Plus, is just SO damn cool!

17. neothespian

neothespian Member

Actually, the Mini-Tavor is slated for North American civilian release by late 2008! Of course, it's not QUITE the full blown assualt rifle that we all have seen and lusted after, but it still included the effective recoil reduction and bullpup system, intergrated sighting system with safety linked power management, and it's got that Israeli quality behind it.

Even at a smaller caliber and without alot of the military specific gear, it's still a great deal.