I wish they made a HP 22

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by vvllbs, Oct 4, 2014.

1. vvllbs

vvllbs Member

I know it won't happen, is there a cheap 22 out there. I keep telling myself I'll buy a 22 semi and 22 revolver and I'm finished with collecting! Shooting 40 S&W, 38 Super, 38 Special, 32 Magnum, 32 Long and 32 ACP is costing serious money!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    HP would be entering into a saturated field of 22 firearm manufacturers. gunbroker has pages and pages of 22 pistols for sale.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    If HP made a .22, we'd all be griping that it's no cheaper than the other 12 .22s in it's class.

And yes, there are cheap ones out there. I own about 35 of them, along with another 8 or 9 that weren't cheap.:p

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Market's flooded with cheap .22's.

5. I own two .22's and have used maybe 20 other models. Since I see .22 as a fun gun, I have a different viewpoint as to what I want from one. For me, they are solely for plinking.

I own a Walther P22 and recently purchased (wow, five months ago now...) a M&P22 FS. I got the Walther because my daughter has tiny hands and she wanted to learn. More than 5200 rounds later and we both still love it. Sure, mine won't shoot anything but Min-Mags, but we've never had a single failure with those. Other P22 owners report similar experiences, some with the same ammo, some with different. Even though it's a tiny gun in my large hand, it feels great in my hand.

The M&P22 eats everything I put through it. Even cheap, dirty, bulk ammo. Plus is that it's almost the same shape/size as my M&P40 FS.

Personally, I don't like the a Ruger MkII/III. Just not comfortable in my hand. I've tried others and like them and may get one or two later.

6. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

There is no market incentive for them to spend the $$$ developing a firearm with lower margins when they could spend the same amount of $$$ to expand the production capacity of existing products that is a proven seller with an established profit margin.

7. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Since they use little powder, you could save serious money reloading all the .32s.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

There IS an HP22!
    HP22A now, I believe.

Made by Phoenix Arms :D
    Price is right, it's about the same as a C9
    Range Kit HP22A is under $200, 3" and 5" barrel, extra mag, locking case, etc...
    Nice ALL METAL Pistol!

Attached Files:

9. Underground beat me to it.
    The Phoenix is answering your prayers.
    The gun alone without the fancy range kit. Is $120 I always see them at gun shows. Never stores.

Anyway. It's cheap and mine loves cheap bulk remmington. Pretty acurate.
    The safety sucks. But you tube can show you how to fix that.

The next step up would be a SW 22A for about $220.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It's hard to design an 11lb 10 shot rimfire pistol. :p