Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@TNTRAILERTRASH :rotfl::stir:

For "TL; DW" people;

Sometimes its not a bad thing for a PCC to not take Glock magazines.

For one; the polymer Glock mags are wider than most metal mags.

Next, the single feed design. Seem the 30+ round Glock mags not the most reliable designs. There are mags that does double feed, similar to the AR15.

Then he point out the exact same design solution that Redball did for the 9mm 20rd magazines.. basically that over 20 rounds, mags start having a curve, even if the ammo may look straight edged (see M1Carbine 30rd mags, AR 30 rd mags, Sterling mags, MP5 mags)

And ergonomics of mag releases and BHO; again, he points out that releases in normal pistol locations don't always translate well to PCC layouts similar to the AR type.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very interesting. I will say that the release on the 995 is a bit awkward to me. I have to move my hand on the grip to reach it which means I am now pointing the muzzle upward instead of being towards the target.

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very interesting. I will say that the release on the 995 is a bit awkward to me. I have to move my hand on the grip to reach it which means I am now pointing the muzzle upward instead of being towards the target.
That hasnt been my experience? Heres how I do it with both the 995 and 4595ts;
While firmly pulling the gun into shoulder with my strong hand, I move the weak hand to the grip, as if like a handgun 2 handed grip, then I use the weak hand thumb to release the mag , and if the mag doesn't drop free, the weak hand can grab it and I can dump into a pouch on the weak side

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
How small are your hands? I can bump the mag release with th knuckle of my thumb and do 'tacticool' reloads. Hell, I can damn near pull the trigger with my thumb. Lol

20200710_165302.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts