Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 7 minutes from the Saginaw Bay; isn't the first time this has happened I"m sure it wont be the last.

Video at link: http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6699662

Wind gusts force huge ice chunks onto shore
By Gabe Gutierrez

BAY COUNTY (WJRT) -- (03/09/09)--A force of nature forced the evacuation of about 30 homes Sunday night along the Saginaw Bay.

Strong winds blew ice over seawalls and into homes in one stretch of Lake Huron beachfront in Bay County.

Authorities evacuated about 30 homes Sunday along Linwood, Brissette and Killarney beaches.
Story continues below
Advertisement

The National Weather Service estimates wind gusts Sunday night reached roughly 30 mph. That was apparently enough to send what looks like part of a glacier into several living rooms.

Steve Hughes barely saw the wall of ice coming. The Bay County resident was watching TV around 10 p.m. Sunday His wife was making a grocery list while his two kids slept upstairs at his home along Linwood Beach.

Hughes descrided a mountain of ice nearly 20 feet tall quickly approaching his home.

His family escaped safely. So did more than 30 others along the Saginaw Bay as police urged them to evacuate.

Authorities did not report any injuries.

Residents waited Monday for insurance adjustors to survey the damage. Police discouraged onlookers from clogging traffic along Linwood Beach Road.

·
Registered
762 Posts
global warming my ass
Hahahaha, ain't that the truth! I've been freezing my ass off up here and it's snowing, in the middle of March! We could use some "global warming" right about now! I should call up Al Gore, have him stop running the Internet for a few hours, and fly around in his private jet to make some more CO2 emissions! :hahanot:

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
global warming my ass
come on now....you just know that all that data points right to it....even though its the same crud they spewed at us to tell us in the 70s that we were going into another ice age.....sorry to say folks...but i don't think that there are enough people on this rock to generate that much of a problem....they say to think globally but act locally....they got it backwards....all of it...taken in context....says that anything that does happen with the weather, is a LOCAL phenomena ...just my .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts