Identify

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by slade601, Nov 15, 2015.

1. slade601

slade601 Member

Just bought this at the gun show. Was with other ak brakes. Can't find any markings on it either. Supposed to be 14x1 lh thread but not near the gun to check atm. Anyone know the manufacturer? ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1447626742.349228.jpg

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

If there's no markings on it, 90% chance is some chinese made unit.
    Its definitely not a military issued piece, nor one of the usual import pieces.

That's not saying its bad, but most all quality aftermarket companies will have some kind of markings or identification on them.

3. slade601

slade601 Member

I figure it can't be worse than the anchor tapco brake I have ATM. And I'm good enough in parts count there's no worry. Also purchased a polymer rpk style stock.

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

It looks very close to an 'AK Phantom' brake, but that would be marked "A361 USA"

5. talon

talon the banned wagon

This is the one im ordering. Currently out of stock.....

Attached Files:

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The decapitated head of Moonz's dragon.

7. slade601

slade601 Member

I would love that on a short barreled ak!! The fireballs paired with that!!

8. slade601

slade601 Member

Here it is with brake. Not sure I I like this stock as much as magpuls moe though. Would probably look better with the original grip. The length is about half an inch more with this unfortunately. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1447638339.337194.jpg

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Is that the RPK in the last pic?
    [​IMG]

BAD-A$$!!! :dance:

...That "WIZARD" Rode In On??? :confused:
    :D

10. slade601

slade601 Member

Yes. A bit rough on the inside. The rubber pad comes off way too easy, looks like they tried gluing it in place to no avail. But the outside looks great. Guy wanted $70 for it. I talked him down to fifty and I'd pay asking price on the brake and $10 for a double pistol mag pouch for my carrier. May have paid a bit much but no worries.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You killed my dragon I never got that eldar sent me in the mail that I never got. :'(

12. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Poor little dragon - did you let it breathe its first fire before decapitating it?