Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in Wal-Mart today and decided to pick up a couple boxes of 9mm ammo. I got back to sporting goods and some guy in there had just bought $450 worth of 9mm ammo! It looked like about 40 boxes! I asked the clerk if he had any left and he said " No. This man bought it all". The guy laughed and said if I had been there 5 minutes earlier, he would have let me buy a couple of boxes. :mad:

The clerk said that last week, two guys came in together and did the same thing. If they need that much ammo, they need to be buying in bulk. :mad: OK. Rant over.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i wouldn't have put it as "idiots" they are smart them 100 round winchester packs aint a bad price and if i had the money i would do the same . infact right before the elction i went in and bought about 200.00 in ammo from walmart in diferent calibers . the guy looked at me like i was crazy anfd asked if i had enough . and to think that 200.00+ dollars then is about 300.00 maybe 400.00 today. so i think i did a wise buying choice .

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Wait for a rebound effect. If the expected ammo tax doesn't materialize immediately people will stop bulk buying and will begin to start using their hoards. Then the prices of the stuff hitting the shelves should start to go down as people will be buying less of it.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
hopefully he won't be able too put a tax on the ammo because that would put even more people out of work. i sure hope them ammo manufacture workers get out and picket that would keep him from passing any kind of law.possibly even a gun ban too. you know how many people would be out of work with if a major gun ban was to be passed ?the ecomeny would be hurt even more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can understand buying a half dozen, even 10 boxes, but buying 40-50 boxes of 9mm and cleaning out the store is really uncalled for.
I think I'll just go in with a friend and buy some bulk ammo and split it. Won't need to worry about it any more.

·
Registered
140 Posts
tommy20/69 said:
hopefully he won't be able too put a tax on the ammo because that would put even more people out of work. i sure hope them ammo manufacture workers get out and picket that would keep him from passing any kind of law.possibly even a gun ban too. you know how many people would be out of work with if a major gun ban was to be passed ?the ecomeny would be hurt even more.
I think if it were up to the gun control people they would love for every gun and ammo plant to be shut down to just military and LEO use or make the rest so expensive that most people can't buy much of it.

I don't think it is a direct comparison but tabacco is something similar. They've added taxes and increased taxes on top of it to deter people from buying it. I am sure that gun control people would love something similar to ammo & guns etc. They aren't worried about a decrease in demand leaving tobacco farmers, processors, and plants workers out of work.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
when it starts to take food out their pantry then they will care! when they start to loose a check or job over it or a friend looses a job over it then maybe they might but then again you never know thats why i am an idiot and i'm buying up all the ammo at walmart while i can afford too .lmao :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Listen, what you guys are forgetting is the fact that "you" too can go to WM or any other store and buy out the shelves! All it takes is cash, Visa or debit and a shopping cart.

You are just crying sour grapes cause you don't want to or don't have $500 to blow on ammo. :cry2:

I went to my own WM the other day and experienced the same scenario. Got there too late and someone beat me to all the 45ACP. They did have a couple of boxes of Blazer 9's so I got them.

We just have be patient and the panic buying will slow down after a couple of months. Prices are going to go up regardless of demand cause that's the way ammo guys and the feds make money. Actually ammo prices aren't that bad when you consider a gallon of so so (maybe from cows) milk is $5 and a 3 lb. jar of poisonous peanut butter is $7.55! I got my Blazer 9's for $7.40/50.

I was at a local gun show trying to get some 32 longs and a guy walked up and bought $1,800 worth of various caliber bullets and in 2 minutes he was wheeling it out the door.

Life is like that.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i agree the ammo prices really ain't that bad compared to what they could be. just think if there wasn't any ammo like wolf or the other imported brands that we buy in bulk . ever look at the prices on federal ammo in the 7.62x39 or the 5.56 . i'm holding good at about just under 1000 rounds for each gun i own and if i go shoot i go out and replace what i shot or atleast try to. but right now i'm not buying in bulk not unless i come across a few extra bucks then i might get a few hundred more rounds but for now what ever i buy it's to mainly replace what has been shot .the bad thing is one good day of shooting and there goes 400 runds of ammo easy . thats not for all one gun thats for all my guns the ak's the m4 and pistols but i shoot about 400+ rounds when we go shoot t might be more .

·
Registered
825 Posts
This is a current theme that is starting to get my goat. Why are people idiots for buying large amounts of ammo? And who are we to call them idiots? What makes one side right and the other wrong? Maybe that guy with the 40 boxes of 9mm told his buddies of the "whining idiot" he saw moping around the gun counter. What side is right? This kind of attitude has been creeping into this forum of late and I for one wonder where it came from. The thread bashing new gun owners at the range is another one. Were we all not new at one time? Did we do everything 100% right the first day? Did we have anyone to talk to us and teach us or did they all run to an internet forum and call us idiots?

Guys really. Enough is enough. It's bad enough we have to fight anti's to survive but when we have to also fight among ourselves I don't know how we expect to make any headway at all. We're supposed to be brothers in arms. Not SNOBS.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
i used to clean out all the local ones of the .40 in blazer brass when it was $7.57 a box. i had some managers order me cases at a time but it wasn't unusual for me to purchase every box they had available. us "idiots" are laughing now b/c the price is now $12.47 and won't ever see $7.57 again. i know for a fact there are several other ar15.com members who frequent the same wal-marts as me and i often get there after them when they are all out.

pics of the idiot pile (yes that stack of wolf .223 has toppled and made a heavy mess, it would have killed someone had they been there for the collapse):

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
i can understand the exasperation of not finding the ammo you want at walmart, hell we are all used to 'i want ______' so i got to (enter local store here) and its on the shelves. in reality there times when it aint possible, gas, fresh food and ice after a hurricane, salt after a freeze, an icy cold tasty beverage during a power outage... but dont despair! you have at your fingertips the number one tool to fight your local store being out of ammo, order it online! since my local wally world has been out of EVERYTHING but shot gun shells, .40, and 380 i decided to do the same, and even with shipping it was cheaper! yes you have to wait a few days, its not the right this minute satisfaction our society is used to now (anyone else remember the sears catalog?) but you still get what ya need... oh and dont forget to thank the ups guy when he delivers it, more then a few boxes and that stuff can get heavy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
[quote order it online! since my local wally world has been out of EVERYTHING but shot gun shells, .40, and 380 i decided to do the same, and even with shipping it was cheaper!

Where can you buy it online ,after shipping, that is cheaper than Wal-mart? My Wal-mart cant keep ANY 9mm ammo in stock. The clerk said they get some every single night & yet it still sells out!!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just check every time I'm there for whatever.. if there's a box or two in I get it. If not, oh well. I just make that I always keep a box as backup.

People should practice taking a few deep breaths.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
i used to clean out all the local ones of the .40 in blazer brass when it was $7.57 a box. i had some managers order me cases at a time but it wasn't unusual for me to purchase every box they had available. us "idiots" are laughing now b/c the price is now $12.47 and won't ever see $7.57 again. i know for a fact there are several other ar15.com members who frequent the same wal-marts as me and i often get there after them when they are all out.

pics of the idiot pile (yes that stack of wolf .223 has toppled and made a heavy mess, it would have killed someone had they been there for the collapse):
One word. Wow!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
you know your the biggest freakin idiot of them all!!!!! i sure hope you don't live in an apartment on the second floor!!! jeeze man didn't you hear OBOMA share the bullets!!! what are you an idiot??lmao

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.