Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, people, DO NOT let idiot touch your guns. My brother went shooting with one of his buddys, who just got an dishonorable discharge from the Military. All he did was talk about his AR and Beretta, and how he knows them better than anyone. They still issue Berettas?

Anywho, they were sitting in my brother's truck looking at my his new Taurus 9mm. And the other kid wanted to see it. the first thing he did was go "is it loaded?" then proceeded to pull the trigger. Now, being my brothers CCW, it of course was loaded, cocked and locked, ready to protect.

The bullet barelly missed my brother, but it hit, and destroyed the door on his new truck.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Not saying the friend isn't an idiot... but the brother should have verbally warned or taken the pistol out of locked and loaded position before handing it over.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not saying the friend isn't an idiot... but the brother should have verbally warned or taken the pistol out of locked and loaded position before handing it over.
I agree, Im not sure thats how it happened though....just what my brother said.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
That is some crazy stuff right there... I'm fairly good at making paint look nice again, but that door skin needs replaced... and that fellow with dishonorable on his DD-214 should be the one to pay for it and the round he set off.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is some crazy stuff right there... I'm fairly good at making paint look nice again, but that door skin needs replaced... and that fellow with dishonorable on his DD-214 should be the one to pay for it and the round he set off.
I wont let that retard in my house now, he seemed like a cool kid too.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Go to his house to collect... if he doesn't pay, send a .50AE through his car. (read: file a civil suit against him)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
If he got a Dishonorable discharge from the Military, he couldn't have been that smart. The military is one of the easiest jobs in the world!!!

Glad your brother's ok dude.

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
also if he got a DD he shouldnt be able to buy or handle firearms. thats a disqualifier for purchase just likea felony is.

SW
+++1 on that ....

·
Registered
431 Posts
As said before, I'm glad no one was hurt. A friend of mine when hunting in California got back in his truck with his Remington 700 ADL in .270 and put the gun muzzle down on the floorboard and somehow managed to pull the trigger ( safety off ) and shot a hole in his floor just missing the transmission. Luckily no one was hurt and he put a hole in his own truck.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Even the act of handing a gun to him constitutes a felony and both he as well as the gun owner could be prosecuted, him for being of possession of a firearm as well as the person that handed the gun to him for providing the firearm...

If it were me, I would request the moderator to remove this thread and not mention it again...also I don't know the law where you live, but where I live any discharge of a firearm that causes property damage is required to reported to the authorities..

When your dishonorably discharged you have lost your right to handle, or own a firearm...

Dp

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Even the act of handing a gun to him constitutes a felony and both he as well as the gun owner could be prosecuted, him for being of possession of a firearm as well as the person that handed the gun to him for providing the firearm...

If it were me, I would request the moderator to remove this thread and not mention it again...also I don't know the law where you live, but where I live any discharge of a firearm that causes property damage is required to reported to the authorities..

When your dishonorably discharged you have lost your right to handle, or own a firearm...

Dp
State law varies on this topic.... Some states allow you to retain possession of guns currently owned, but purchase of new guns is prohibited. Others disallow all possession of firearms after a DHD or a BCD.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Just found this link.... lists some legalese links etc....

http://www.ttb.gov/rpd/tdatf391.htm

I know this for certain. I know 2 people that are being discharged from the USAF on less than honorable conditions, and both of them retain their right to own a firearm, due to the fact that they were NOT tried under courts martial. A serviceman/woman can NOT be given a DISHONORABLE discharge WITHOUT a courts martial, period. Honorable, General and Other than Honorable conditions can be given, but dishonorable, or bad conduct discharge has to come from a courts martial....

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's probably a good thing that they have that check on there, otherwise you'd see alot of judges and people with the power to do so kicking people out of the military with an honorable discharge left and right. My brother got an honorable discharge for generally being mentally ill and not able to cope w/ military life. He'd only been in basic training for a minute amount of time and they STILL gave him six months of college tuition subsidized. Good sports.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
It's not for everyone that's for sure. After 4 years of it, my wife is sayin' TOODLES to the USAF, while I'll be here until I either retire, or they kick me out for being too old.

·
Registered
168 Posts
All of that other stuff aside, am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that it did not make it through the door? It is somewhat bothersome to me, that if I have to defend myself from the inside of a car that the shot may not be effective.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.