Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had our last IDPA practice for the year last night at Izaac Walton League. Next week we burn-up the leftover dues with pizza & beer! :yay!:

So i took the camera & recorded a few runs, as did my son. He shot pretty darn well, but man that JHP looks big in his lil hands, being kinda smallish like his dad...

And here's his dad, CU the yote runt.

Now watch some real shooters at work! And these guys don't even WIN the local events, i can't imagine what winners shoot like... listen to their times and compare them to mine & Nate's, nite & day difference!

Good time, i'm telling ya!

maybe I should clarify this course of fire... first engage a target while backing away (2-shots to a "0" make it neutralized, i.e. dead). Then duck to cover and engage two targets on the right and a poper between them. Advance to next cover position while engaging another target (reloaded) and engage the last two targets, clear the gun, asfe & holster it. Time goes from buzz till safely holstered. time is deducted for any shots outside the "0" ring or head.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks so fun. I've really been wanting to get involved in IDPA.
I'd encourage you to do so.

I'm not a very competitive fella by nature, so shooting in front of folks, especially highly energized folks with firearms, was a bit intimidating at first. But i find that it really helped me loosen-up - like I would hope to be if tshtf... i'm still always last-place when we add the scores (till last night, Nate took that) but to me it is sooo worth it for the skills i've learned by watching these guys & asking questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.