Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

If ammo and primers dried up completly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Yes, there is. It should be on the bottom right of the thread. If you can't see it, let me know and I'll add the poll options for you.

I'd keep rolling my own bullets, load up all I have, and start making my own primers. When I ran out of gun powder, it'd get tough, but I can make powder out of matches, so I'd be able to shoot my muzzleloader.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
Break out the compound bow and start practicing again?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Rocks or empty JHP? Both would do damage if chunked. ie: Bravehart

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, there is. It should be on the bottom right of the thread. If you can't see it, let me know and I'll add the poll options for you.

I'd keep rolling my own bullets, load up all I have, and start making my own primers. When I ran out of gun powder, it'd get tough, but I can make powder out of matches, so I'd be able to shoot my muzzleloader.
Darn right!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Whats B&C?

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats B&C?
Choices B and C

Didn't you ever have a multiple choice quiz in school? It really didn't dawn on me that I would need to label the second choice B and the third choice C to get the point across

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Choices B and C

Didn't you ever have a multiple choice quiz in school? It really didn't dawn on me that I would need to label the second choice B and the third choice C to get the point across
I've always seen it as "both B & C". Different ways in different parts of the country.

I'd shot more. I figure if I have to clean the gun after shooting 1 round, might as well shoot 300 rounds.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I guess nuthin would change.

With the muzzie question available are we assuming pyodex & Tripple 7 would still be available? If so I'd prolly start calling my JHP "Ol' Smokey" instead of "The Brick".

In such a SITUATION though the real question is WHY they dried-up... i can't see them legislating it away but still letting us keep firearms openly. More likely is an economic crash, when businsses go under - I'm sure the Feds won't step-up to bail-out Winchester, Hornady, or Hodgdens.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
I guess nuthin would change.

With the muzzie question available are we assuming pyodex & Tripple 7 would still be available? If so I'd prolly start calling my JHP "Ol' Smokey" instead of "The Brick".

In such a SITUATION though the real question is WHY they dried-up... i can't see them legislating it away but still letting us keep firearms openly. More likely is an economic crash, when businsses go under - I'm sure the Feds won't step-up to bail-out Winchester, Hornady, or Hodgdens.
Or personal $ shortage. I don't expect powder to get cheaper or to ever see surplus powder again. As long ping pong ball are cheap you'll see no smoke from me. Unless, it's some experiment or one of my 1880's rifles.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'll bite...

ping pong balls?
some ping pong balls are made of cellulose nitrate, and yes, perotter has a recipe.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Way too complex a question since the "why" of the situation is very important. In the case of gun control then it would depend on the conditions. If a demand driven shortage most likely all of the above and go with airsoft to keep skills up.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
This is why i keep a well stocked cache......I learned my lesson on not having enough large pistol primers on hand for this "Dry spell" As soon as i can i will be making a very large order of primers i am think around 100k plus if nothing ever goes bad "yeah right" I will be well stocked. The way i figure it if nothing else the price on em sure wont be going down anytime soon so at least i will lock in so to speak.

hmmm on second though maybe i should go buy a wrist rocket as well....hehehehe

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
One of the reasons Im reducing the number of calibers I stock. I want nothing that doesn't take either large pistol or large rifle. Even that isnt looking cheap but at least I can get them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts