If someone in your house has psychiatric issues you can't have guns!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by monsterdawg, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Kiln

Kiln Member

California looks for any reason to round them up, it's ridiculous.

That said, if you're in a house with someone that has serious psychiatric issues, you should consider whether you really need a firearm and at very least, make sure that your gun is well secured if the answer is yes.

Still though, that should be a decision made by the individuals in question and not by the gun grabbing idiots in charge.

2. I believe that as soon as you have entered the world, you have a 100% need to have a gun, no ifs, ands, or buts. My son already has a gun; given, he won't be receiving it until he is old enough, but it's his both in my mind and in my will.
    So in this case it;s just making sure it's locked up better.

IMHO, the government needs to issue an M4 and M9 immediately upon 18th birthdays. :p

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

How about an M40 and a 1911 for us old farts.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Oh hell yeah!.....

5. No, you are to be retired quietly in windowless fart rooms. :p

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Better wear your NBC gear my farts are deadly.

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have a good friend right now who is bordering on clinical anxiety. He is a Nam Vet. He has not been diagnosed with PTSD, so far, just anxiety. The medications given to him by his personal Dr are not helping the anxiety and his Dr has recommended he sign himself into a Mental Health facility. He is afraid that it will get on his medical records and could cause his firearms to be confiscated. But at the same time the anxiety is playing havoc with his family and wife. Bad situation all the way around.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  8. tjulian

tjulian Member

Armyscout is there someone he can "give" his guns to for safe keeping till he is better. I believe it's been done before.

9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

If someone in your house is that crazy, then you need to have a firearm to protect yourself even more. :D

10. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Not in IL, unless it is a specified close family member. He has none here at this time.

11. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Dude, that is soooo wrong in sooo many ways :rofl::foilhat:

12. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I attempted to post an article on just this subject of telling your doc you have PTSD and the questions he asks you and how you should answer them. I got asked if I had guns among other questions. One of the mods has it somewhere. It was either turned down or on the waiting list until ???. If he goes to a Vet doc, or any doc for that matter and says he has PTSD and guns, they will come for them. You can take it to the bank. Thanks again "O". Oh, and don't forget the spineless congress for cowering down to him. Don't get me started! disgusting!

13. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I am holding a vets guns for him. VA sent the letter out saying he couldn't own guns so before they came to try and take them they were in my safe where he can come over and get them out for cleaning, oiling, range trips... He usually goes to the range with me or another friend so we are not worried he will go off on anyone. He has PTSD, no meds being taken, he talks about things to settle down instead of bottling them up. He knows he can call me any hour of the day or night to talk if he has an episode. More he talks the better he has been getting, getting it worked out of his system.

14. Kiln

Kiln Member

If you've got someone potentially dangerous living with you (unstable with a history of violent behavior) then you've got a responsibility to keep your weapons secured carefully or make a decision about whether or not the risk of ownership outweighs the need.

I've got a relative that has mental problems that is paranoid and potentially dangerous. When he was staying here, the guns went into the steel cabinet and the key stayed permanently on my person until he moved out. For some people, it may be safer for them NOT to own a gun depending on the circumstances.

For people who are mentally fit however, I'd be on board with your idea to arm everyone. I think Switzerland does this and has an extremely low crimerate.

15. Nope, 100%. Two things as soon as you pop out the womb; the nipple and a 1911 laid gently in your tiny palm.

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

We knew this would happen.

A guy who knows he needs help is unwilling to get it because he knows the government will permanently strip him of his rights.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

I wonder what it would take to make that retroactive?

18. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It doesn't help. If the government puts you on the no-buy list, you're on the list and it's illegal for someone to knowingly transfer firearms to you. You'll certainly not be able to buy from an FFL again.

As far as the government is concerned, PTSD=Crazy and Once Crazy, Always Crazy.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I think they can go F*** them selfs. How many people have PTSD in Law enforcement good luck getting those guns back. That's why so many Vets do not go to the VA anymore.