Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I can't handle how big the 45 is while carrying it. Is the c9 considerably smaller than the 45? Will I be able to carry it comfortably on a regular basis?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I can CC my C-9 without much of a problem in a kholster.
x's 2!
I carry my C9 in a kholster and while I just started and I have no other pistol I have carried it seems managable. I do need a good gun belt to support the weight but size is ok for me at 6' and 270 pounds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I carry my C9 on uncle mikes belt holster inside a jean jacket all the time. It's tad heavy but thats only drawback. Only person noticed it was our Sherriff but he knows what to look for and he wasn't totally sure. He's a buddy of mine anyway so was more curious than anything. 8) I'm 5'8" and abt 200 so that might have something to do with it too. I am seriously considering a fobus for my C9 and JCP .40 both.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I normally don't carry the c9. Its a house or glove box gun for me.

The weight more than the size is the issue for me. When i carry it I carry IWB with a loose shirt over my trousers. It prints a little, but if I move naturally it's not very noticeable. It's just heavy. It's a little uncomfortable when I sit down too, but again, it just takes getting used to.

·
Premium Member
36,825 Posts
The Kholster gets rid of the uncomfortable feeling, at least for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't started CC my C9 in public yet but I've got an uncle mike's OC holster and a blackhawk IWB holster. I've been getting used to having the C9 inside my belt around the house and it doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Granted, you need to be wearring loose fitting clothes though it looks like to me. I'm considering getting some kind of a shoulder holster for the winter time to see how that works. I decided to try out CC my C9 at the house at first because it is a considerable amount bigger than the Cobra .38 spcl. that I have been using for CC purposes.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Depends on your size for one thing, too big or too small and the gun will imprint pretty badly. It is a little on the large size to be CC but if it works for you it works for you.
I would reccomend a good gun belt, maybe one with kevlar in it to support the weight of such a heavy gun.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I carry a C9 tucked in a crappy $10 holster that I place inside my belt on the small of my back. The only complaint I have with it, is it won't hold the 10 round mag in the spare holder, and the 8 round one pokes me int he back too much.

Just remeber this simple fact... a light caliber pistol works a whole lot better then no pistol.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still waiting for my Fobus and belt. I have been wearing my 45 tucked in my belt to try and get used to the feeling without the mag around the house. Im slowly getting used to it.

Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I got rid of my 40 because of the size of it and it's basically the same gun as the 45. I got the 9mm in it's place and plan on cc with it when I get my permit. I don't think I'll have a problem with it. I'm a big guy though so that may make a difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
HPs are rather bulky for CC, especially if you're skinny. I'm 5' 11", and 135 pounds, so I would find it hard to even CONCEAL my C-9, except in the winter when I wear my M-65 field jacket. Forget about trying it with the .45. Thing's the size of a bloody power drill, and I once demonstrated a point to my fiancee about concealed carry with it by showing that I could conceal my 1858 Remington New Army .44 better than the .45 HP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.