If you could, which state would you move to?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Visper, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

With Rach possibly making his own "Escape from New York" it got me thinking. If you guys had a chance to move to a "more friendly" state for gun owners, which would you pick, and why? Or would you stay where you are?

Me personally am on the fence, while I know I need to get out of the Philly area, central or western PA would be a good choice. But since I'm moving anyway I think I would check into other states. For the work I do the best states would be Texas or Alaska... but damn it gets cold up there... but so beautiful!

Anyway just curious.

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

I grew up in NYS, moved to Colorado for 22 years, before moving to Florida. First, I should never have left Colorado. But since I did, and I'm now in Florida, if I had the resources, I would move to where there are no people. When I drove OTR for a couple years, I went through the mountains of northern Georgia, That was really nice. Or, maybe the desert in New Mexico, or maybe Idaho. Anywhere but Florida!

3. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

missouri hands down, georgia a close second

4. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

1) Alaska

2)Montana

3) northwest Nevada

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Shhhh........ We're trying to make people think MO is all like KC and STL.....

6. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I grew up in NYC. Moved to Connecticut for grad school and loved the place but career took me to West Virginia. As it turned out, that was a good choice for when I took up shooting. I don't need a more gun friendly place. If I were in a position to move anywhere I wanted, it would be a tough choice. I love Arizona (preferably near Tucson, definitely nowhere near Phoenix). Georgia near Savannah. Maybe out near Portland or Seattle.

7. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

Born and raised in KY, went to NC for about 24 years and moved back to KY, think I'll stay where I'm at. Maybe not the most gun friendly state, but top 5 works for me.

8. (1) Arizonian, my best friend joe is out there, been begging me to come visit
    (2) North Carolina, my parents have a cabin there.
    (3) Louisianan, love the food.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I just shocked the wife with the cost of the move on top of buying the house. All of the quotes we've gotten thus far have been around $5,000+ for a moving company and $4,000+ for a UHaul. If I used my truck it's 3500 miles round trip at 11mpg avg and keeping fuel prices at $3.00/g across the board, I'm looking at around $1,000 in fuel round trip. I get 10mpg hwy when hauling a heavy ass camper and 14+mpg hwy empty so I figure if I plan the trip like I'm fully loaded both ways I shouldn't accidentally under budget myself. I told her, if I'm going out there anyways to get the place ready, I might as well take as much stuff as possible with me.

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I was born & raised in Oh Io. I have lived in 3 different houses, that I can see from my front door. I also drove tractor trailer around the eastern US for 6 years. I have traveled to Africa twice, Mexico once, Canada numerous times. If I were to move anywhere, I think Hawaii would be nice, it was heaven on earth!

11. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

my brother just moved to Honolulu and he said the traffic is a friggin nightmare there worse than Socal . just to commute 15 miles takes maybe 1-1/2 hrs

12. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

I couldn't ever see myself leaving louisiana, well unless tons of a-holes keep on coming here and driving up prices up, driving their pos german cars, and building neighborhoods full of $400k plus homes with no yards on all the good hunting spots near me.

13. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm already in gun owner nirvana.

15. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Spent some time in N Carolina and S Carolina. NC was OK, SC was nice. But my choice would be several of the Western and North Western States. Idaho, Utah, Montana, S. Dakota, etc. The Midwest sucks, especially IL. Going farther East is even worse.

16. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

17. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Born in Pa., been in every State in the country at least once, been in SEA, Nicaragua, Honduras, England, Denmark, Germany, wound up right where God wanted me and my heart belongs. ;)

'Cause God blessed Texas with His own hand
    Brought down angels from the promised land
    Gave 'em a place where they could dance
    If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
    I've been sent to spread the message
    God blessed Texas

18. Right here with ya! I think we have great gun laws.

19. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Top 3 by my count.

20. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I have lived in 11 different states, from Hawaii to New York and Florida, and I have spent an aggregate of 5 1/2 years living in other countries from the Mid-East to East Asia. At this point, Antarctica and Australia are the only continents I haven't visited.

After experiencing the many different lifestyles that each area offers, I have come to appreciate the values and principles that made our country great. Based on each state's adherence to those values, economic soundness, and competence of government, I have to prioritize my list as follows:

1) Texas
    2) Florida
    3) Utah

This list is subject to change as the waves of Kaliforniastan and New Yorkistan cockroaches infest other states with their numbers and corrupt values which ruined the very dumps from which they are fleeing.