If you don't hear from me...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

...after this post, it's because I may have signed my own death note just now.

I just elbowed the woman awake and asked her if she planned on letting anyone else in the county go to sleep tonight. I told her she was snoring so bad that it was like laying next to a chain saw with the throttle pinned wide open. She's in the kitchen getting a drink so these might be my final moments.

2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

But you guys just got out of NY, may she have mercy on you!!!

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

NOOOOO!!!! who's gonna unban me!??!

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Whatever you do, don't fall asleep...

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    That's what they make ear plugs for. :D

6. Rachgier

Haven't been able to use in-ear plugs ever since the last tympanoplasty, unfortunately.

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Well, by your last post, I see you made it to morning.

That's a good start.

However, since women tend to hold onto things forever.......

She might get you when you least expect it.

Me afraid is she makes your favorite meal for dinner some night, totally out of the blue

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

The change in elevation may be causing the problem.

When I was at Lowry AFB for my Class "A" training back in the last Century, I snored like a log cutting operation until the 5th week of school.

After that, I'd mellowed to mere chain saw.

And, now, since my sweetie patootie has sewn a pocket big enough for a tennis ball into the backs of all my PJ bottoms, my snoring has ceased to be a problem.

Try sleeping on a tennis ball!

eldar

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Crap you lived. I was hoping TNT would take your spot :O

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    How about ear muffs or headphones then?

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its nice that she lets you have at least one ball, most wives take both immediately and never let you have them back.

12. 0311

0311 Member

C-PAP is your friend. My wife wears one & the snoring is gone. Actually snoring can be more dangerous than just a nuisance.

Talk to your doctor.

13. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    My demise would be asking my wife for sex. (she's 75 yrs old). And if she said OK, it would still be my demise, I would never live to finish what I started.

14. Rerun

Rerun Member

I agree. That's what happens to married guys.

(We're not married. I still HAVE both of mine)

eldar

15. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Don't let her take you hiking in the mountains... cliffs you know...

16. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Rach, get a humidifier for the bedroom. The air out there is much drier than you're used to. Had the same problem when I moved from Minnesota to Colorado.

17. Rachgier

I've got one I the trailer. I don't have a snoring issue anymore. After my sleep study my ent opted to remove my tonsils and adenoids when he replaced my ear drums and removed the pulverized mastoid bones behind my ear, and that solved the problem.

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Yeah we are going into MN desert season indoors where heated air drops to about 15% humidity. Plays heck with my hands and sinuses every fall. Already getting sandpaper hands from canning and having washed my hands so many times. At least the canner puts humidity into the house!

19. Rerun

Rerun Member

What's his(her) name?

;)

eldar

20. dynapoint

dynapoint Member

Stock up on Bag Balm. One herd-sized can lasts a lifetime for a human (I'm maybe 1/4 through the tin I bought 20 years ago). And turning the thermostat down helps with the humidity, though not everybody is going to be happy with it at 55F like I set it (I much prefer cold to hot, it's easy to put more clothes on, but there are limits to how many of them you can take off).