Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[glow=red,2,300]Ultra-hypothetical Scenario Warning[/glow]

Ok, so say you had to outfit a group of people to: trek to a fall-back location/arm themselves against a zombie onslaught/keep law-and-order after a disaster/&c. how many people could you provide with gear and provender and how would you go about doing it?

Right now, I believe I could outfit a group of six with at least one longarm, one sidearm, ammunition, five days' rations, some gear (packs, boots, clothes, field jackets, hand tools, knives, rope, firemaking kit, medical supplies), maps of the area, and provide a quick firearms refresher course and be out the door in about two hours.

I did not set out to amass gear in order to supply my own SHTF posse but rather I've upgraded or purchased in quantity without the opportunity to give the gear to anyone for their own as is my custom. I've already outfitted my brother-in-law, his younger brother, work friends, and college buddies. So the stuff just piles up. I separate it out so that in theory I could easily take a pile of kit, throw it at someone, and feel reasonably certain that he's prepared to take on whatever.

So, if you had to outfit individuals out of your own stock, how many could you supply and with what?

-'bridge
PS Should the SHTF and you're close by, head to my place. Chances are I've got a pile of gear with your name on it.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
one, and that is such a lonely number. 1 rifle 1 handgun (they would get my leftovers), food, water, clothing, shelter, and fire.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
No one. Being a well armed prepared citizen is their responsibility, if SHTF DON"T head to my place what I have with your name on it isn't gear. :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I could out fit 6 others, with the exception of a side arm, but everyone welcome to my home inthis situation knows to bring there own gear. I buy bulk surplus clothing on sportsmans guide, keep what fits me and pack the rest away. I maintain a decent little food stash, and over the years have collected a dozen or so weapons, 7 servicable long guns 3 side arms, ext. Again since I live in the country, I know many relatives will be packing for my place, they know to bring food supplies adn weapons of their own.

·
Registered
238 Posts
right now at this point not many only just started to buy . wish i wouldve long ago .just have 1 pistol 1 shotgun. and not many rnds. damn im not ready crap. gotta get a move on i guess. great job to those that are ready for attack. ill get there hopefully sooner then later.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
My family (wife and son) and a few close close freinds but they all have there own gear anyways. as for everyone else........if you are a asset maybe if you are a hinder i will give you only one gift of 230grains...........

·
Registered
850 Posts
I could probably get away with 3-4 others. Not many food rations but as far as basic survival supplies and at least one firearm I could probably do that.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I'm setup to take care of me and my girlfriend. Someone being unprepared does not constitute an emergency for me. Come to my door when SHTF, and chances are good you'll be staring down the barrel of a 629 .44 Magnum pondering the answer to that age old question, "Do I feel lucky?"

Obviously I would prefer to help people because I'm the kind of guy that likes to see the good in everyone, but in a true SHTF situation, you're on your own until you convince me you're worth a damn.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
about 12 , rifle with a sidearm and ammo. food, the same 12 for 6 months.
My friends always said "if TSHTF head to +++'+ house" I'm more of a BYOG kinda guy...bring your own gear!

·
Registered
799 Posts
well im 200 yards away from our military arms dealer so i can get lots of survival stuff.boots clotheing lots more.maybe investing in bullet proof vest isnt a bad idea.incase of this situation,would i be somenoe ok with 1,9mm,1,40cal and 1 riffle?and what riffle would you recomend?cant afford ar15 ,but i can afford an ak47 i know its real accurate.maybe a sks for accuracy?sory im always hard to follow.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
would i be somenoe ok with 1,9mm,1,40cal and 1 riffle?and what riffle would you recomend?cant afford ar15 ,but i can afford an ak47 i know its real accurate.maybe a sks for accuracy?sory im always hard to follow.
Most likely you'd be ok. Nobody knows the details of future events. One can put a AR15 together for a little over $400.

IMO, that's the best. Next AK47. Then SKS. Main thing is have ammo & being a very good shot.

Also, IMO, hard econ times & high crime are the most likely thing in shtf. More neighborhood watch than anything. For that, a Hipoint carbine or shotgun would be fine.

·
Registered
799 Posts
would i be somenoe ok with 1,9mm,1,40cal and 1 riffle?and what riffle would you recomend?cant afford ar15 ,but i can afford an ak47 i know its real accurate.maybe a sks for accuracy?sory im always hard to follow.
Most likely you'd be ok. Nobody knows the details of future events. One can put a AR15 together for a little over $400.

IMO, that's the best. Next AK47. Then SKS. Main thing is have ammo & being a very good shot.

Also, IMO, hard econ times & high crime are the most likely thing in shtf. More neighborhood watch than anything. For that, a Hipoint carbine or shotgun would be fine.
thanks alot.im waiting on another post about my stress of what and when.butthanks for info i know i can afford sks but would rather have ak for that.223 round.take a little saving lol.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
thanks alot.im waiting on another post about my stress of what and when.butthanks for info i know i can afford sks but would rather have ak for that.223 round.take a little saving lol.
The main thing is staying calm. Get what you can now. Can always trade up latter.

I've been getting ready for tshtf since I was a teen. That was a long time ago. There is always something more. Also, I knew a guy who was always living his life for tomorrow. He got strut died by lighting. Didn't live to see tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.