Ignore button

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by unclerob, Jan 18, 2008.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

.... so we do not have to see posts from certain selected individuals, that post mostly negative useless comments.
    It could be in our profile, who we do not want to view posts from.
    Anything like that out there?
    I know some chats have it.
    Would be real nice.

2. I'm sure I'd likely make some folk's list........ but this would be a cool feature.

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Have we gotten to that point?

4. Not sure that is possible with a web forum.

5. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

why do you hate me unclerob? I never did anything to you! :roll: jk.

I like the idea too but make sure it is undo-able so if we ever try to unblock someone we can.

6. I dont really like the idea of having an ignore button the mods and admins take care of the people that start trouble if fact I don't think I've seen anyone cause any trouble on here. We're all adults and should get along alittle heated convo is good once in awhile as long as it dont get personal.

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I believe it is the people who do not act like adults that are the problem, Adam. I know i would like to add a few people to the ignore list myself, but if the option is not available, you can't have it. The FFZ is not the only place where people are "personally attacked" i'm sure, but i believe an ignore or block feature on PM's would be a better option. That way there is no "direct attack" possible, and the attacker must try to cover his attack with smileys and "LOL"s in an open forum...

8. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Any "Personal Attacks" at all: PM a mod or Admin.

The forum does not need that at all, in any way shape or form.

9. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Does this mean we can't goof on Primal anymore?

10. +1 at the above statement. HPFF WILL NOT tolerate B/S among the members because its disruptive and does not promote a great place to sit back, chill and talk about guns, shooting and other day to day activities.

IF anyone is having issues with another member PLEASE notify a moderator or admin and it WILL be taken care of.

11. Ridge

Ridge Member

Besides, there are so few of us, and thankfully none of us are smacktards, so it seems to be a non-issue to us...

12. unclerob, if there is someone that you're having a problem with, let me or one of the other Mods/Admins know about it and we'll do what we can to get it worked out.

Jarhead, if you want to goof on me, I don't care. Just remember, I can dish it out just as well as I can take it! :wink:

13. What would be the fun of me posting here when I would be on everyones ignore list? (halfway afraid that would be true LOL)

Jarhead, as long as you dont discuss metal alloys with Primal you are good to go ;)

14. Yeah Primal may just get a Ignore feature, for his personal use, if we start using the "T" word around here again. :)

15. LOL I could see him doing that! :) :) :)

16. Titanium doesn't really bother me that much anymore....

17. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

A few comments and everyone wants to ignore me! If I didn't know better I would think I wasn't loved anymore.............or anyless :cry:

18. doesnt REALLY bother me THAT MUCH anymore. Can anyone else feel the anger and pain in that response? ;) :)

19. Sorry shooter, didnt hear what you said, you are on my ignore list hehehe

(not making light of the OPs seriousness of this matter) :shock: just picking on shooter z :)