Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Upon further reading I see its just a loophole that people are using. Its not really a law that lets you and if youre caught its up to the police to determine what happens. Kind of a "at your own risk" thing.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Fanny packin' with the mag out and the chamber cleared? I don't have the budget/balls to try this in IL since I only go to the Cook/DuPage area and my wife doesn't have a job to support herself while I'm in jail/on trial. That's assuming that the cop(s) don't get spooked and just shoot me.

NEVER moving back!

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
Upon further reading I see its just a loophole that people are using. Its not really a law that lets you and if youre caught its up to the police to determine what happens. Kind of a "at your own risk" thing.
The laws don't let you do anything. They only restrict things. Carried in the manner described in the link is not restricted by any law and thus legal. It is kind of like open carry in California. Open carry is not illegal as long as the firearm is unloaded. Also it is up to the courts to determine what happens legally, not the police. Like the case out of New Mexico recently the police might try to step on your rights, but if they do, it is up to the courts to slap them down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.