"I'll get by with a little help...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bluharley, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Agree with ya on this.
    Gonna be missed but will live forever through his music.

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

I was beginning to think I was the only one that appreciated Joe.

3. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

I think most people go "who is Joe Crocker" and then you play his music and they are like "I love that song(s)."

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

It's Joe COCKER, ya doof! :D

Wait, isn't that Dork? ;)

Dork ≈ Cocker ? :D

5. EvilE424

Spell check. I know who he is! My parents listened to them

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ummmm...Bet you think Pink Floyd is a person, right?:p

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

The band is just fantastic, that is what I really think..... Oh by the way, which one is Pink?

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Actually..... it was 2 people that were completely unrelated to the band.....

Name Origin: Combination of the names of American blues musicians Pink Anderson and Floyd Council

Original Names: Megadeaths, Sigma 6, Screaming Abdabs, Abdabs, Architectural Abdabs, Tea Set, The Pink Floyd Sound

http://classicrock.about.com/od/bandsandartists/p/pink_floyd.htm

9. EvilE424

I know who pink Floyd is band members are: Nick Mason,*Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Syd Barrett....not to be confused with sid viscous from the sex pistols.

Pf's best album in my opinion was dark side of the moon. Didn't have to even look that up had a pot head brother.

10. Hermitt

Syd was the one whom started the band, but by the time they did their first album, he was already getting too screwed up with dope and they kinda kicked him out. David Gilmour took Syd's place in 1967. Syd became a recluse and wouldn't even acknowledge that he was ever in the band. Syd passed on in July, 2006.

I have lots of video and interviews on one of my harddrives.

Dark Side of the Moon is a timeless classic, but my favorite album is Division Bell.

Rick Wright passed away in Sept 2008. :(

Gilmour is my most favorite guitar player. :cool:

Unfortunately, *Waters has become a very vocal anti-semite and is very anti-Israel. When musicians can do great works, they should keep their political views to themselves. :mad:

11. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I saw Joe Cocker at Woodstock 25th anniversary in 1994, great show! I sing "You are so Beautiful" to my wife at least 2-3 times month. That is how I have remained married for 37 years!!!
    Now, Pink Floyd Animals Tour in 1977 was the 2nd or 3rd date my wife & I went on. I have seen them 3 times, & David Gilmour solo once.
    MEMORIES, I can barely remember???

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    So where did you copy that extremely outdated info from? (leaving in the asterisks is a dead give away) David Gilmour joined the band in the mid 60's. Syd left around 68 - 69 because he went completely insane. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and parts of Meddle are about Syd and his downhill spiral. There are still Syd's influences in Meddle (first album after he left) but starting with Dark Side on it's all Waters & Gilmour with a completely different sound from their early stuff. They broke up in the early 80's (actually Waters kicked out Wright at the end of the Wall tour and kicked out Mason after they recorded The Final Cut. After that Gimour told Waters to go F himself). Waters went on to a successful solo career. Gilmour released a solo album that did so so (Murder is a great song off that release). Shortly afterwards Gilmour talked Mason & Wright into reforming the band and releasing a few decent albums. BTW Richard Wright and Syd Barrett have both passed away.

And that's off the top of my head so if dates are wrong "Well Excuuusssee Me!"..

13. cicpup

Vermont
    David actually joined a few years before Syd left. They claim it was never their intention for him to replace Syd.

14. MachoMelvin

Spoken by; A TRUE Floydodian!!!

15. cicpup

Vermont
    Well He's good enough that when Roger Waters recorded Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking he had to get Eric Clapton to replace him.

16. MachoMelvin

Roger Waters & I share the same birthday, but that is our only connection?
    I can't even sing bass, let alone play it!

I have seen EC 4 times, he lives out of his suitcase, but his family lives about 15-16 miles from me?
    Here is a very cool site, IF you like Eric Clapner?

http://www.whereseric.com/

17. cicpup

Vermont
    My best week at college. Saturday I saw Roger Waters (Radio KAOS) and following Friday saw Pink Floyd (Momentary Lapse of Reason).

If ya wanna brag?

Rush = 6 times
    Aerosmith = 4 times
    ACDC = 3 times

All the rest once each. It would take awhile to list them all.

IMO ACDC puts on the best show. I could watch Angus Young for hours.

18. Hermitt

Syd didn't 'voluntarily' leave. They stopped picking him up for rehearsals and gigs because he was too strung out and unpredictable.

I also have the video interview (somewhere on my hdd) where they talked about when they were recording Crazy Diamond in the studio and Syd wandered into the studio. Nobody realized who it was and I think it was David that finally recognized him. I don't believe that anyone went to speak to him tho.